𝘞𝘪𝘵𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 / 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯

"..."

'𝗪𝗮𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻?'

1st pov

I had stayed with Mori for multiple weeks, until my ankle healed.

This particular night, when I woke up, it was night time. Mori had to take care of an important boss since he was sick. He didn't want me being 'home' all alone.

"Come on dear, we'll leave you behind if you don't walk fast enough.", Mori warned, his pace was quick and i was too tired to keep up. I felt a hand place in mine. Looking up from rubbing my eyes with my free hand, I saw Dazai.

He dragged me along with him and Mori. I still felt so sleepy though. I kept letting out silent yawns and rubbing my eyes ever so often.

Dazai seemed concerned in his own way. Still holding my hand while following Mori. I wanted to ask him to pick me up but I was too scared of the option of him saying no.

We entered a big, tall building. Taking the elevator to the top floor. Where were we? I had no idea.

When we arrived I saw an old man, laying in his bed. He seemed frail and weak, sickly even. I pitied the man I saw in front of me.

I held Dazai's hand tighter. Making him look at me confused at why I did what I did.

"What is it?" Dazai asked coldly, his gaze still on Mori whom seemed to be conversing with the older man in the bed.

I shook my head no. It was nothing, there was nothing I needed to say.

"How are you feeling today, Boss?" Mori had asked the old man in the bed. He was stood behind the bed, Hands behind his back.

The frail man started speaking, his voice was raspy, "Doctor, Tell the board this is an order. Kill all enemy organizations, military police, anywhere else will pose as the port mafia by sundown.", He didn't seem in his right mind.

"That would be most unwise" The black haired male advised. A small smile on his face.

"I don't care how many of our own need to die" The old man selfishly replied.

"Just kill them, just kill them all. kill them." The boss kept repeating and repeating.

"I hear you loud and clear." Mori had said. I noticed the scalpel he had in his hand, how dangerously close it was to the boss's throat. Before I knew it, he had sliced his throat. Blood splattered on the boring green walls.

My eyes widened as I realized what had happened. He had assassinated the port mafia boss. The blood seeps into the blanket.

"The boss has succumbed to illness. He left behind a will, entrusting me with his position."Mori turned around, towards me and Dazai, "You're the witness to that fact." There was blood everywhere. On his clothes, on his face, on the walls, on the bed. No matter where I looked , the image was stuck in my brain.

The blood moon behind me illuminated the room with a reddish glow.

"Let's go home now, hm?" He had smiled at us, like he just did nothing. Like he just did nothing wrong at all, like he didn't just kill somebody.

I felt myself getting pulled along, I was in a shock. I didn't even know who was pulling me along.

The next time I knew it I was back in the office where I had met them for the first time.

I hadn't noticed the tears spilling from my eyes until I felt a hand wipe them away. I looked up to see Mori.

I might've killed my mother when I was younger but this was different, my mother died in the bathroom. the boss had died in front of me, i could see every drop of blood leak onto the sheets, on the pillow, on the walls, on Mori.

"What is it dear? You don't need to cry. I only rid the world of another evil person. You can trust me. I did it to protect you and everyone else." He seemed to attempt to comfort me. I just nodded my head, hoping that that was actually his intention, not just a selfish reason. I wouldn't be able to believe that he was so selfish after helping me.

I felt his arms wrap around me, in an attempt to comfort me. It felt nice to have a hug. I could trust him, he wouldn't hurt me right? He'd protect me from the evil people in this world. I didn't feel safe around him, but this hug. It was so comforting, filled with love.

I just.. kept quiet, i didn't know what to say. I wanted to tell him I believed him, but I didn't and I knew so.

"Are you okay my little royal?" Mori asked me sweetly, looking at me for reassurance that I was okay.

I just nodded, not trusting my words to come out the right way. If I talked, would I say the wrong things? would he get mad at me and do the same thing he did to the boss? Would he kill me?..

"I don't believe you." His voice switched to something more sinister, something I didn't like. He sounded so harsh, and mean. Like he was going to hurt me.

"I won't hurt you if that's what you're worried about." His voice changed once again, to reassuring. He pulled away from the hug, looking me in the eyes.

"I'd never do such a thing, I promise." He held out a pinky, "Pinky promise." He seemed to reassure me, i felt better. Maybe he did mean that he only did it to protect the others.

My pinky intertwined with his, my tears had already stopped at this point as I stood up straight again.

"Now now dear, you should go to bed again! It's way too late for you to stay up even later" He said worriedly.  I saw Dazai standing there from the corner of my eyes. His eyes were staring at me as one of his arms laid on the other. Before I could say anything a blanket was thrown over me by Mori.

"Goodnight deary!" He said, pulling Dazai with him out of the room.

The only thing left in my room was the eerie darkness. I was all alone, I am scared.

I saw something in the corner of my eye. A black, short, slender figure stood in the corner of my room. I didn't dare say a word, in fear that it wasn't just my imagination. I saw nothing but that. My eyes couldn't look away no matter how much I wanted to. I kept staring and staring, until it suddenly disappeared.

I looked around the room, searching for the figure. The only thing I could see was the furniture and slight decorations. Where did it go? I lost sight of it.

I just shrugged it off as my imagination, trying to fall back asleep but having the constant feeling of somebody watching me.

A/n:  >:3 next chapter's going to be chaos probs.....😋