ᦟ32

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝟥𝟤——————————————————————

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝟥𝟤
——————————————————————

MARILEE JOLTED awake, a airy gasp leaving her lips as she stared ahead with sweat drenched skin. Her breath was heavy when her hand automatically searched for the place on her chest where she could feel her pounding heart beating a bit too rapidly against her ribcage.

"Mari?" A feeble voice sounded from her right, dampened by the glass and short distance between the two. Glancing at the side, the brunette met Yeosang's eyes.

He was drained of energy and the usual liveliness she knew him for. The smile that had always naturally found its way onto his lips nowhere to be seen. "Are you alright?" He asked, concern clouding his eyes as he searched her form. Of course she wasn't alright. He himself was not, but the blond couldn't bite back the guilt that always bubbled in his chest when he took in her weakened state.

"I'm alright Yeosang, don't worry about me." It was what she had said the last thousand of times as well as she didn't wanted the man to worry. The gash on her back wasn't as crucial as all the blood had made it seem when it was fresh. Marilee had used the last bit of her water rations that they had gotten from the Android Guardians in order to keep them alive to clean the wound. It wasn't as accurate as she would like it to be, seeing as it was situated at her back, but letting the liquid trickle down her skin was the best and only option she had — hoping that it was enough to at least prevent an infection.

Having torn apart her shirt, she bound it with great pressure around her torso as thus far, it proved enough to keep the wound from causing more harm than it already has. "How about you?" She returned the question, giving the other a weak smile.

He, as well, answered the same way she had done. Both utterly aware of the truth that both were shamelessly lying. But the fact that they had, at the very least, one another in this situation was enough to keep them sane. It was absolute hell and as if that alone wasn't already enough, the Android Guardians had forced even more upon them.