ᦟ33

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝟥𝟥——————————————————————

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝟥𝟥
——————————————————————

MAYBE IT WAS the injury on Marilee's back that finally caused her to hallucinate. Or it was the yellow smoke of burned memories that had seeped through to her, but the brunette would not let herself believe what she saw right then and there if not absolutely and one hundred percent confirmed. If she did, and what she witnessed that very moment would prove to be nothing but her imagination playing tricks on her, she would most likely not be able to crawl back out of the hole of self-pity and hopelessness.

Nevertheless, with dazed eyes did she watch the cage being ripped open — the glass bursting into a million pieces when it touched the ground, leaving only fragments of dangerously sharp shards in its wake.

The figure in front of her rushed through the makeshift opening, dropping to his knees as his hands immediately searched for the woman's face. With the brute forces that he had ripped the cage apart, it left Marilee in wonder just how that very hands could cup her cheeks with such tenderness as if she would break apart like the glass if not careful enough.

She stared back at those warm pigmented eyes, having no words to say as reality slowly settled in.

The man pulled down his mask — his expression completely on display as the brunette discovered too many emotions to be deciphered at once. Concern being the most prominent of them all, and yet it lingered with a tang of relief.

Her name rolled from his lips as not more than a whisper and she would have probably not heard him if it wouldn't be for her concentration solely being dedicated to the man right in front of her?

"Mingi?" She croaked out and for the for first time since they had stepped foot onto that godforsaken island, she truly let herself relax and sack into the man's chest.

His hands instinctively swept up to hold the back of her head, moving his other to place it on her back but pulling away with a start at the twitch in Marilee's whole body at the contact. She hissed at the stinging sensation that haunted her since days, burying herself deeper into the safe heaven of hers; at that moment being the red-head crouched in front of her.