Chapter 7: Changes

"Ughhh remind me again why i thought taking on more responsibilities at work and working this horrendous graveyard shift was a good idea?" Amaru groaned

"Ughhh remind me again why i thought taking on more responsibilities at work and working this horrendous graveyard shift was a good idea?" Amaru groaned. Despite being awake for nearly an hour by this point, his voice was still rough with sleep and his words sounded sluggish.

"Because you're held in the captivity of toxic masculinity that makes you think it's a problem to accept financial help from your boyfriend simply because you stick your dick into him from time to time." TJ provided helpfully. He sounded a lot better than Amaru did, but their voices were still heavy and disgruntled.

"I didn't need you to actually answer that." Amaru whined, rolling his eyes and stretching for the umpteenth time.

TJ smirked roguishly.

"I don't want to leave your side even for a second." Amaru continued to complain as he sat up and groggily rubbed his eyes.

"Then don't. Stay home with me. Harlem has the kids for two more days which means we have the house to ourselves."

"Maybe I can call in sick. Oh wait, if I do that I'm not even gonna have a choice in the matter, your dad is definitely going to fire me. I've called in sick almost everyday this week."

TJ rolled his eyes that time. He didn't say anything else though. He simply watched as his stubborn boyfriend dragged himself into the bathroom to get ready for work at 11:15PM on a Friday night.

After Amaru left, the house became horrifically depressing. Especially without the kids around chasing each other around the house. All that could be heard was the distant sound of the insistent thumping from the other side of the wall. Which undoubtedly was Mar's neighbor's headboard hitting the wall.

Just great. That was exactly what TJ needed, hearing people fuck while he was lonely and missing his man. Fantastic.

"We on our own now gang, they left us behind." He whispered to his unborn child, rubbing his hand over his flat stomach in a soothing manner."

——

Twenty minutes later TJ was speeding off the highway after ditching his security. He was on his way to make a collection from Rocky. He had initially put it off for the day, but if Mar was gonna leave him and go to work then he was going to do the same.

Rocky was leaning against his car outside the trap smoking when TJ pulled up.

"You got sum for me?" TJ asked, hoping this exchange went as fast and smoothly as possible.

Without responding Rocky threw the bag at him and he caught it. "It's all there but you can count it if you want."

TJ glanced at him. He was acting normal and reasonable, which was weird considering how the nigga was. But far be it for TJ to look a gift horse in the mouth. He simply made sure his money was all there and turned around to leave, craving a smoke.