Drowning

Sarah's view:

When I woke this morning the bed was empty. He woke up earlier than me and went out. Relaxing I took my time and got dressed in a dark green summer dress that reached a little above my ankles. The sleeves were short but cute and the neck of the dress was squared shape. It was probably one of my favourite dresses ever. I wore some stripy brown sandals and did my basic makeup with it.
I was happy that I could sit by the beach and have some time with myself or Elif. I'm at ease around her, she makes me laugh, she is really one of the coolest person I've met. And I'm thankful that I got to know her because she makes my life much easier by being here.
Elif texted me to meet her by the board walk. The water was clear and the sunlight was beaming on it. It was beautiful day. Groups from last night was on the beach, some of them were soaking the sunlight, while some of them were swimming.
I noticed Leo from a far he was sitting with Mark dressed in a white T shirt and black short, reaching at his knees. He looked muscular. His back was facing me, thankfully I don't have to encounter any awkward situation with him. Me and Elif talked about everything while walking the on the board walk which went into the ocean.
I was looking around and realised that every women here was wearing a bikini except me. I felt like an outcast. Even Elif was wearing a bikini. Gaining my attention Elif spoke
" Okay, now I'm bored let's go swimming!" She spoke with excitement.
I immediately shook my head and replied " No, no I can't. I'm sorry."
He face changed to worry " Why not? Are you ok?"
" I'm sorry but it's just that.. I can't swim. I don't like swimming but you go ahead I'll be fine." She was thinking, paused a little but then she asked curiously
" Oh, that's ok don't worry...But can I ask you something?"
I nodded for her to go ahead. She paused for a moment before asking
" Are you scared of water or swimming?"
It was as if she was able to read through me.

" I am..I mean I'm scared of going into the water, because I feel it's dark and deep. I have always had this fear. So yes, I think both..I never got a chance to learn swimming and now I'm scared to learn. But I like going to the beach. The water is beautiful as far as I am able to see. It's nice to watch and listen to it. The waves calm me." I spoke truthfully looking at the ocean.
" I understand. It's like you know that you love beaches and oceans but if you get closer to it you will be harmed. As if you're meant to love a thing from distance but to never get near it. To be one with it."
She spoke looking at the ocean. I was once again surprised by how she is able to read me.
She continued taking a sigh
" Don't worry Sarah, everyone has something they fear.  Something that they'll always be afraid of. Plus, I think there's an advantage in not going swimming, we can sit here, watch this beautiful sunset in front of us.
But let me warn you I will talk a lot." She joked lightening the mood.
" Oh, don't worry I'll be fine. You should go for a swim with your sweet husband. He must be waiting for you. I'll be sitting here for a while because I can never get bored of this. So take your time." I protested in a playful tone.
" What is happening you guys?" Jennifer interrupted from behind.
" Oh nothing, I was going for a swim. But now that you're here you can keep her company." Elif replied casually.
" Sarah's not going for a swim, why?" Jennifer asked questioning.
I paused, I don't want to tell her that I can't swim. She'll probably make fun of me.
Thankfully Elif spoke, explaining
" No, she doesn't want to get in water. It's a wonderful
weather. It'll be stupid to miss it. She can relax by watching this beautiful sunset." .
To which Jennifer scanned my appearance from up to down and nodded. She was not believing this I could see it in her eyes.
Elif left us alone, and I turned away watching the ocean, expecting her to leave. But she came and stood beside me.
" I would like to apologise if last night I sounded rude. The thing is I know Leo more than anyone. He's very close to me. I've been friends with Leo for much longer and I'm worried about him. He means everything to me.A lot more than you think. He's very close to me so I wanted to make sure what kind of a person were you." She spoke all of a sudden. I looked at her she was looking at the ocean. It wasn't reaching her eyes. As if she was playfully taunting me.
" It's ok I guess. You're his friend and I can't interfere in that. You don't need to give me any explanation." I replied back calmly not wanting to have any kind of problems with anyone.
" I'm not giving you an explanation I'm just informing you that Leo is very close to me and I will do anything to protect him. To give him what he deserves. He should have the best and right now I don't think you're worth him. There's nothing special about you babe. I will continue getting to know you until I'm sure of you." I looked at her unable to understand her words. Does she really care about him like a friend or is she jealous? I was confused. What did Leo tell him about me? Did he say that I'm not good for him? I took a deep sighing not saying anything else that might increase this conversation.
She huffed in irritation and turned to leave. But the next thing I know I felt a hard push on my leg, with intense pain. Unable to keep my balance due to the pain I fell into the water. It took my five seconds to realise I'm in the water. The water was clear but it was deep. I pushed myself towards up trying to escape but it was of no use. I didn't care to look for help, I screamed, the fear took over my body. I was drowning in my fear. This is it, this will be my end and no one will ever find me .