It's Over

Sarah's POV:

It's been five days since he came back into my cursed life and three days since I've decided to take a divorce.
I had already gotten in the process of getting the papers ready. The lawyer did ask me a little of questions but most of them which were harder to answer truthfully. I told her that I wanted a divorce from him because our marriage is over. And that I can't live with him anymore. I want my freedom but she said the most fastest and the easiest way to file for a divorce would be if both us will sign on the paper.
And today I'll go ahead and pick them up.

It's been a hell, a torture to live with him in the same room. His relationship with my mom was becoming more close day by day. He even called her ma, which only made it harder for me to not break down.
I've been quiet these past days. He tried talking to me but I didn't talk much. The truth is I had so much to say but I stopped myself to not burst my anger right now. I have to talk to him straight up once I get those papers. I need him to understand that I can't do this again. That it's over.
He had been sleeping on the couch like I had told him to and thankfully he had somehow managed to keep a distance. But it wasn't even near some comfort. Living with him only makes me realise how stupid and weak I have been.
Finally today was the day I had gotten my envelope with divorce papers. I had sneaked out earliest in the morning because that was the best time. He was sleeping and so was everyone. I know that after we get divorced everybody would eventually know this but right now wasn't a good time. Once everything is done and settled I'll tell mom everything.
As I parked in the garage and nearly stepped inside, I quickly realised I was holding the envelope in my hand. It was already time for breakfast and I know mom would be setting up the table right now. I can't let her see this or she'll question me about it. I quickly hid the papers in my bag before opening the door with my keys.
As I got inside and walked into the kitchen, everyone was already seated on their chairs having breakfast.
My mom noticed me and so did everyone else
" Good morning sweetie, where did you go this early in the morning?" Mom asked curiously as she poured herself a glass of orange juice.
I placed my bag on the counter and walked over towards my seat, right beside Leonardo.
" I just had something that I needed to do but I also needed some fresh air." I replied as I could feel Leonardo's attention on me.
" Oh okay. I know it must've been hard to stay in bed these past days without going out. It's good that you decided to take some fresh air." Mom spoke.
I wasn't really hungry so I was already done before everyone else. As I was about to stand up to take my plate to the sink, Leonardo spoke
" Ma, we won't be able to have dinner with you tonight. Sarah and I have to join my parents for dinner . They'll be leaving for London tomorrow afternoon so they want us to spend some time with them before they leave."
He spoke casually while I looked at him confused before anger took over me. He's doing this so I can't deny in front of my mom. He's using my mom to put me in a spot.
I looked at him with a hard glare before quickly standing up and going up to my room.
What the hell is he trying to do now? He's trying to make things complicated for me. He'll only make it difficult for us to answer our families when we'll get a divorce. What is wrong with him??
As I placed my bag in my wardrobe, I quickly took off my boots and coat before sitting on the bed. My legs hanging from the bed as I held onto the sheets tightly trying not to break down. I was so angry and I didn't know what to do so I just sat there silently.
I heard the door opening but I didn't look his way. He stood there for few minutes looking at me before he took few steps towards me. I still didn't look his way.
He stood in front of me and that's when I faced up to him. I looked at him with coldness trying not to give anything away and he spoke
" I know I should've asked you before making up this plan but this was the only way you would've agreed..
I don't want to go see them without you."
The last part only made me angrier.
" You can tell them the truth. How I've treated you and how I've hurt you but please just attend this dinner with me tonight." He spoke desperately.
I stood up facing him before I sighed
" I don't care. It doesn't matter to me anymore what you want. I've cared about that for a very long time and I won't put myself through that again. But I'll go because I care about my mom. And I don't want anything to make her unhappy, especially you." I spoke coldly while he looked at me processing my words.
I continued after a little pause
" I don't want my mom to believe you like I did. I don't want her to think that you'll always be in my life. You've fooled me many times and I've let you but this time I won't let it happen. I won't allow anything to hurt her. She's my mother and I'll always do things to make her happy. But that doesn't mean that I believe your lies and I'm going for you on this dinner."
I spoke trying to walk away but he came in front of me before speaking
" That's what you think of me? You really think that all this time everything has been a lie Sarah? Every promise that I gave you, the intimacy that we've shared? everything?" He asked as if he didn't believe me. As if it bothered him a lot. It hurt him.
I huffed
" That's what I know. That's what you've always done. You've always shown me. You've lied because you wanted a revenge. You lied because you hated me. You lied because you wanted to hurt me. It's everything that you want! You didn't even stop when I begged you to, almost every day. I asked you to stop hurting me but you only chose to hurt me more than before.
It was your oath, wasn't it? The promise you gave me that you'll make my life hell and take everything from me? Well you succeeded but now it's over."
I spoke harshly, he closed his eyes as if he was guilty, so guilty but I continued.