Barou x Reader

As a young woman surrounded by a sea of male soccer players at Blue Lock, I always felt like the odd one out. My name is (Y/N) (L/N), and I was the only female player among the talented bunch striving to become the ultimate striker. But little did I know that amidst the intense training and competition, a romantic comedy was about to unfold.

It all began one sunny afternoon during our rigorous training session. Barou Shouei, with his imperious personality and self-proclaimed title of "the King," caught my attention. He saw himself as the main actor on the stage, relegating others to supporting roles. I found his arrogance amusing, but also intimidating.

Barou and I had our first encounter during a one on one battle during the match between Team X and Team Z. To my surprise, I managed to defeat him, sending shockwaves through the field. Barou, the undefeated striker, had been dethroned by an underdog, and that underdog was me. From that moment, his perception of me changed.

"Seems like I've found someone worthy of my attention," Barou smirked, his competitive spirit burning brightly. "You've piqued my interest, (L/N). Let's see if you can keep up with me."

Despite his haughty demeanour, I noticed something intriguing about Barou. He had an obsession with cleanliness and was a notorious clean freak. It was both amusing and endearing to see him obsessively wiping his shoes and organising his belongings before every practice. I couldn't help but chuckle whenever he went on his cleaning tirades.

As time went on, Barou and I had more encounters on and off the field. Our interactions became a mix of playful banter, intense rivalries, and moments of vulnerability. Deep down, Barou longed for genuine connection, someone who could appreciate him beyond his soccer skills.

One person who saw through Barou's façade was Isagi, my best friend and confidant at Blue Lock. Isagi understood Barou's desire to be recognised for more than just his goals. He often encouraged me to peel back the layers and discover the person behind the arrogant king.

"You know, (Y/N), I think Barou might have a soft spot for you," Isagi teased one day, nudging me playfully. "Maybe you should give him a chance. He's not all pompousness and goals, you know."

I rolled my eyes, denying any inkling of affection for Barou. "Oh, please. I'm not falling for his charm. He's just a rival on the field, nothing more."

But deep down, Isagi's words lingered in my mind. Perhaps there was more to Barou than met the eye. And so, I decided to explore the possibility of a connection, despite my reservations.

One evening, after a gruelling practice session, Barou and I found ourselves alone on the field. The sun was setting, casting a warm glow around us. I took a deep breath and decided to take a leap of faith.

"Barou, can we talk?" I asked, my voice filled with uncertainty.

He raised an eyebrow, intrigued by my sudden seriousness. "Sure, (L/N). What's on your mind?"

With a nervous smile, I took a step closer to him. "I... I think I misjudged you, Barou. You're more than just a rival to me. I see the passion you have for the game, even if you try to hide it. And underneath that arrogant exterior, there's someone worth getting to know."

Barou's usual confident demeanour faltered, revealing a vulnerable side. "You... you really think that?"

I nodded, my heart pounding in my chest. "I want to understand you, Barou. And maybe... just maybe, we could be more than rivals. We could be teammates, partners, and maybe even something more."

A genuine smile tugged at the corners of Barou's lips. "Well, if that's what you want, (L/N), I'm willing to give it a try. But remember, I won't go easy on you in training."

A mischievous glint sparkled in my eyes as I playfully replied, "Oh, Barou, I wouldn't have it any other way. Bring on the challenge! Just remember, I won't let you off the hook easily either."

With a sly grin, I swiftly raised my hand and lightly punched Barou's arm. It was a playful gesture, a symbol of our newfound camaraderie and the blossoming romance between us.

Barou chuckled, rubbing his arm as if the playful punch had affected him more than it actually did. "Careful there, (L/N). I might have to retaliate with a goal or two during our next match."

Our banter and lighthearted exchanges became an integral part of our relationship, a reminder that even in the midst of fierce competition, we could find joy and laughter.

And so, our journey continued, a beautiful blend of rivalry and romance. Barou's imperiousness softened, and he became a loyal supporter and partner both on and off the field. We learned to trust each other, to understand each other's weaknesses and strengths.

Together, we faced countless challenges, pushing each other to new heights. The rivalry between us evolved into a deep bond, built on mutual respect and an unwavering belief in each other's abilities.

As the only female player at Blue Lock, I found my place among these talented individuals. And in Barou, I discovered a love story that was unexpected, passionate, and uniquely ours.

A/N: Woooow, didn't expect him to be a chill guy! Anyway thanks so much for reading! As always, comment or dm for requests! See you next chapter!