Nagi x Reader

The sun was setting, and the silhouette of Blue Lock gleamed against the evening sky. I stood there, the only female contender amidst a sea of determined men, stretching my muscles and feeling the anticipation prickling my skin.

"Nagi, ready for practice?" I called to Seishiro Nagi, my childhood friend, who was already warming up on the sidelines.

"Always," he replied, grinning at me as he jogged over. To the world, Nagi was charismatic, aloof, and deeply engrossed in the game. But to me, he was just Nagi, the boy I had known forever.

But I'd be lying if I said I saw him the same way. Even amidst our shared laughter and moments of camaraderie, I found myself noticing him more - the way his eyes lit up when he talked about football, the gentleness in his voice when he comforted a teammate, the intensity with which he played the game. It was subtle, the change in my feelings, from friendly affection to something deeper, something more intimate.

The fear of losing our friendship held me back initially. It was comfortable, the understanding we shared, the easy banter, and the silent support. Could I risk losing all of it for a feeling that might not be reciprocated? It was a chance I was hesitant to take.

But the more time I spent with him, the stronger my feelings became. It was like a tide, constant and overwhelming, until I realised that keeping them to myself was not an option anymore. I wanted more from our relationship, and it was time I gather my courage and confess.

One day, before my first confession, I decided to ask Chigiri for advice. Known for his outgoing nature, I thought he could provide some insight.

Approaching Chigiri, I found him taking a break, a bottle of water in his hand. "Chigiri," I started, feeling my cheeks warm. "Can I ask for some advice?"

He blinked, surprised. "Sure, Y/N, what's up?"

With a deep breath, I blurted out, "I'm thinking about confessing...to Nagi."

Chigiri raised his eyebrows, amusement dancing in his eyes. "Y/N, making a move, huh? Just be honest with him," he advised, patting me on the shoulder. "Nagi may seem aloof, but he appreciates sincerity."

His words gave me a new sense of confidence. That evening, my heart pounding in my chest, I confessed to him, "Nagi... I think I'm in love with you."

Nagi looked taken aback, his usually playful face becoming serious. "Y/N, I care about you, but... I never saw you in that light, I'm sorry," he admitted, his voice heavy with regret. My heart sank, but I was determined to make him see me in a different light.

Feeling the weight of the confession and rejection, I sought out Chigiri the next day. He was on the field, practicing an intricate dribbling manoeuvre, his concentration focused on the soccer ball at his feet. Seeing me, he finished with a swift kick that sent the ball rocketing into the goal before jogging my way.

"Y/N, you look serious. What's up?" he asked, studying my expression.

Taking a deep breath, I told him about my confession to Nagi and his subsequent rejection. Chigiri listened attentively, his playful demeanour replaced with one of concern.

"I see," he said after I finished. "Nagi's always been a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to stuff like this. Give him some time, Y/N. He needs to sort out his feelings."

His words were a comfort. "Thanks, Chigiri. I just hope things don't get weird between us."

Chigiri offered me a reassuring smile. "You two? Never. Just keep being yourself, Y/N. He'll come around."

Our friendship remained untouched, our chatter and shared laughter echoing around the Blue Lock complex, reminding everyone of our strong bond. Even with the uncertainty of my feelings for Nagi, one thing was clear - our friendship was resilient, and it would take more than an unreciprocated confession to break it.