Kurona x Reader

I never expected my life to take such a turn when I joined Blue Lock, the renowned training facility for soccer prodigies. Being the only female player amidst a sea of talented boys was intimidating, but it fuelled my determination to prove myself. Little did I know that amidst the fierce competition and unyielding training, a surprising romance was about to blossom.

His name was Kurona Ranze, a quiet and introverted player with a unique charm. I was drawn to his mysterious aura, always observing from the sidelines, supporting others with a steadfast dedication. Kurona had a habit of repeating things, occasionally becoming self-conscious about his shark-like teeth. It made him endearing and stood out in a crowd of aspiring strikers.

During our training sessions, Isagi and I formed a remarkable bond on the field. Our chemistry seemed to transcend the realm of mere teamwork. It was as if we shared a secret language, understanding each other's movements and intentions without uttering a single word.

"(Y/N), to your left!" Isagi's voice would ring out, guiding me with pinpoint accuracy. I would respond with a swift pass, the ball gliding effortlessly between us. We moved in perfect sync, our chemistry weaving an intricate tapestry of soccer brilliance.

"Great control, (Y/N)!" Isagi would commend, a hint of admiration in his voice. And in those moments, our gazes would lock, a silent understanding passing between us. It was like we could read each other's minds, anticipating every move, and reveling in the joy of playing the game we loved.

Kurona, with his watchful eyes, never missed a single detail. He would observe our partnership with a mix of intrigue and longing, his expression betraying a desire to be part of that connection. It was clear that he recognised the chemical reactions created between Isagi and me, and perhaps he yearned for something similar.

One day, after an exhilarating practice match where Isagi and I orchestrated a breathtaking goal, Kurona approached me, his voice carrying a mix of nervousness and determination.

"(L/N)-san, there's something I'd like to tell you," Kurona began, his voice filled with a vulnerability that I hadn't seen before.

Curiosity and anticipation swirled within me as I nodded, encouraging him to continue.

"I've been watching you play, and every time you and Isagi are on the field together, your chemistry is electric. It's mesmerising. I... I've developed feelings for you."

Stunned by his confession, I found myself speechless. Kurona, the enigmatic striker, had laid bare his heart before me. Yet, I couldn't reciprocate his feelings, not because I didn't care, but because I hadn't seen him in that light before. My heart ached at the thought of hurting him.

"I-I'm sorry, Kurona-kun," I stammered. "I never thought of you in that way. You've always been a friend to me, and I don't want to ruin our friendship."

The tension in the air was palpable as Kurona's eyes dimmed, disappointment clouding his features. We both tried to carry on as normal, but there was an underlying awkwardness that lingered between us.

In an attempt to sort through my own emotions, I found myself drawn to observing Kurona during one of his practice matches. I watched from the sidelines as he gracefully weaved through the defenders, his movements fluid and calculated. The determination etched on his face, the way he coordinated with his teammates—it was mesmerising.

As I observed him more closely, something shifted within me. I began to notice the intricate details that I had overlooked before. The way he took care of his teammates, always offering support and encouragement. The way his eyes sparkled with passion and dedication whenever he stepped onto the field. It was in those moments that I started to realise the depth of my own feelings, buried beneath layers of friendship.