013

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: IMPOSSIBLE

###

###

WEEKS went by-Okay maybe a week went by but it certainly didn't feel like that.

Avoiding Hobie was different then taking space from Hobie. This time they were able to share glances and guilt would always build up in Alyssa's stomach, This time He's able to see her get caught staring.

It made Alyssa feel like she made the wrong choice. She felt like she really messed up something she needed.

There is a million things she wanted to say to the boy but something in her body told her no.

She starting to doubt every choice she made in this situation which isn't good because there is nothing that Alyssa hates more then doubting herself.

It was like a endles war between her brain and her heart and it was driving her crazy.

Alyssa never realized how tight her grip was, not until today when they had gotten a new recruit.

Both Hobie and Alyssa were called into Miguel's office and the walk was awkward.

It was completely quiet, the only sound being the gentle thuds as they walked towards the office. So many glances were taken when the other wasn't looking.

Hobie wanted to say something. Alyssa wanted to say something. Neither of them said anything.

Alyssa never thought she'd hate quiet.

When they entered Miguel's office they found him on his platform, Jess waiting patiently, and a girl. She had blonde hair with the bottom dyed a light shade a pink. Alyssa assumed that was the new recruit. "Alyssa, Hobie" Miguel said as his platform came down slowly. "That's our names" Hobie said sarcastically, knowing the fact that stating who they were was kinda pointless.

"This is Gwen Stacy, our new recruit" Miguel introduced.

Alyssa furrowed her eyebrows and Hobie raised his in amusement. "Like Miles' Gwen Stacy?" Alyssa confirmed. She never thought Miguel would ever add Gwen Stacy into the spider society. He's always on about how dangerous it would be to add her because Miles this and Miles that.

So this was rare. Rare and highly amusing. "Miles'?" Gwen asked with furrowed eyebrows. She obviously doesn't know yet. "Yes" Miguel confirmed, ignoring Gwen's questioning. "She needs a place to stay due to some events in her universe and you two are both around her age so in order for her to feel comfortable I assign her to stay with one of you two" Miguel informed, making Alyssa's eyebrows furrow. "How do you assign someone to stay in another person's home, isn't that like invading personal life?" Alyssa asked. "Am I understood?" Miguel said, ignoring Alyssa's comment.

"Yeah whatever she can stay with Hobie" Alyssa said. She didn't know this girl why would she just openly invite her into her home that just seems like trouble and Alyssa already has to much of that to worry about. "Sorry Lyss, I don't do consistency" Hobie said, placing his hands in his pocket. "But you constantly affect me" Alyssa muttered under her breath. "What?" "Nothing, she'll stay with me some days and stop calling me Lyss. We all good now?"

A short silence took over the room at Alyssa's rushed behavior, she was never rushed so this was odd.

Miguel cleared his throat. "I suppose so" he said. "Great" Alyssa said before walking out of the office. Muttering under her breath about Miguel's assignments just like always.

Dear Hobie Brown.

Why the fuck is it so impossible to stay away from you.

J SPEAKS!

J SPEAKS!

I'm bout to bring them back together ya'll!!

This chapter took literally forever but it's alright because I did it in the end.

Anyway as always I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I especially hoped you are having/had/have a good day

XOXO, J!🫶🏽🫶🏽