Chapter 6

"Riley," Is the only word I manage to breathe out

"Riley," Is the only word I manage to breathe out. His hand trails down my arm to my cheek and then his body lifts away from me and he turns me around until my back is against the door of the truck.

"Who else?" He's grinning, his face only inches from mine.

"Zac? Jordan? Kieran? Carl?" I say softly. "Any of them would be better—"

"Shhh." His finger presses harshly against my lips. "Don't lie, Kayla." They trail downwards, parting them. "Lying is a sin." I can't respond, his finger pressing against the entrance of my mouth. "You're too pure to sin," he adds before his finger drops.

"You're full of shit," I murmur, unable to stop myself from smiling.

Riley grins, shrugging. "As long as it makes you smile."

"That's going a bit far, isn't it?" I reply.

Riley shifts on his feet before his hands are on my hips, pressing me into the vehicle with his body and holding me in place. "Well," he murmurs, tilting his head ever so slightly to the left. His tribal style neck tattoo that stretches up the side of his neck is visible in the moonlight. The sight of the ink does something to me. I'm weak in the knees. "I suppose you don't always have to smile."

"Oh?"

Riley's nose brushes against mine. "There are other expressions I'd prefer to see."

"There are?"

Riley nods, our noses side by side as his lips hover, inches away from mine. I can feel his breath against my lips, the scent of peppermint saturating my senses. "And I'll see them too."

"What?"

"When I get back," he murmurs.

"What—" I'm cut off when his lips meet mine. They're gentle, pressing against mine as though he's worried that I don't want this. Nothing could be further from the truth. The stir of anticipation that stirs in my stomach is enough to prove that to me. In surprise, my lips part, a breath slipping past them.

Riley smiles against my mouth, the sound spurring him on. His lips are suddenly rougher, harsher, igniting something darker. The stirs in my stomach whip into desire, coiling their way through my body. Riley's tongue slips past my lips and grazes against my own. Lust jumps into action, flooding my veins. My hands land on his arms, holding him to me as I tilt my head sideways, opening more of myself up to him. Riley's tattooed hand clutches at the back of my neck, holding us together as he gently bites my lip. I moan, softly, my eyes fluttering open. His are staring back, but for the first time ever, there's not a single hint of amusement in his expression.

The sight captivates me further. Leaning in, I smash our lips together all over again, taking control this time as I force him to deepen the kiss and move my hands to trail down his muscular chest. He exhales — something between a rush of oxygen and a groan — and I lift my hands, knotting them into his blonde hair and pressing my entire body against him as I lean up, our mouths dancing together.