Chapter four

Cody's pov

Well, looks like I got myself into an uninvited situation. I didn't know my father was an agent. Why did he leave Britain? That means I'm British-American. All of my life, I thought that I was American. But I was wrong. Oh well. I'm not going to blame my dad for hiding the truth from me.

"Alright, time to save the world, Cody," Ben says as he tosses me the duffle bag. I catch them. Man, they are so heavy. "Don't open it until we get to our destination spot," I nod my head. He also throws car keys at me. I catch them. Ben takes the briefcase. We walk out of the base. We eventually reach the parking lot. I open the trunk. I place the duffle bag in there. It was so heavy. I didn't even know how long I could manage to carry.

"That duffle bag is so heavy," I mutter. I get in the passenger seat while I wait for Ben to put the rest of the stuff in the trunk. I look ahead at the window. Ben gets in and I give him the car keys. He gets it and starts the car. We drive away eventually. As we drive, I can't help but look at the London street. Wow, the sight is beautiful.

"You like the sight huh?" Ben asks. I turn to look at him with surprise. I nod my head. I go back looking at Window as I lay my head down. But I look up at the sight mirror to see two black cars following us. I sense danger. 

"Ben," I said as I saw one of the black car passengers hold up a gun, pointing at our car and aiming to shoot at us.

"What is it?" Ben asked. I couldn't say anything. I see one of the guns and grab it. "Hey! Cody!" he stares at the rearview mirror and his eyes widen. "Give me the gun," 

"Shut up, Ben. You drive while I shoot," I say sternly. I move out a little bit of the window as I point the gun at the black car. I got this. I shoot at the window. But it causes it to break into million pieces. 

"Hang on!" I hear Ben say as he turns the steering wheel around, causing the car to turn and spin. He stops steering the car and goes to the left. 

"I think we lost them..." I said. Oh boy, I was wrong. "Oh, we didn't!" I aim at the tire. I hope this works. I look closely and shoot at the tires. I think this will slow them down. As I guessed, I was right. It did slow them. Not long before I got a glimpse of a man and girl. The man's look was threatening. I got in the car. 

"That was awesome. Where did you learn that from?" Ben asks with a surprising tone. I shrug. 

"I kinda theorized that," I said. I never hold a gun in my life. That was my first time, holding and shooting. "Where are we going? Care to explain the person who stole secret files?" 

"We don't know for sure. Some say it's Louis De Galle, the most powerful man in Europe. He has several titles," 

"Sounds like French dude," I chuckle. He chuckles along with me. 

"But remember Cody, we have to take the mission seriously. It's a matter of life and death," Ben said. I sighed. Ben sounds like Mr. Hart who is a stern person. I don't think I mentioned that earlier. I will be home in no time. I'm mad at Micheal for not informing me about them leaving. I'm glad Ben saved me. I thought no one will save me.  

My thoughts shift about my dad. My dad...was an agent. He never told me about him being an agent. Did Mom know? most likely. Maybe Dad didn't tell me to protect me. Seems to be possible. But still, he should've told me. I don't know what I see Dad as. I'm supposed to finish his mission that he abandoned. I think he is a jerk for abandoning the mission. 

Should I be blaming Dad? yes. I feel this rage inside my veins, waiting to be let out. I force myself not to let the rage out. I cannot be a spy and agent. I don't have any ability. It's just part of a deal. As Jack said, if I failed, I will be sent home. But something tells me to finish the mission. I think it's my gut telling me not to give up. Well, that's my purpose to be left behind and finish. 

"Uh, Cod, we are here," Ben said. Did he just call me Cod? it's a weird nickname. It sounds like Coddle. 

"Did you just call me Cod?" I asked as I get out of the car. He nods his head. 

"I'm good at coming up with nicknames," 

"I think it's weird. But It sounds like coddle," I should be saying that. But I chose not to say it, not wanting to hurt his feelings

"Cool. I think it's a cool nickname," I said. Ben gets out of the car. He tosses me the duffle bag. "Why don't you hold it?"

"I'm out of energy," Ben says, coming up with his lame excuse. 

"Oh, you drove the car. I had to hold a duffle bag and car keys. This time, you do the work, not me," I toss the bag back at him. Ben holds the bag while giving me a mean look. All I do is smile in victory. But victory is not there yet. 

We enter the building. Wow, so many people. Women in dresses and men in formal suits. They look wealthy. I feel intimidated by their appearances. 

"ID. please?" the guard says. I get scared immediately. My hands shake in fear. Stop being scared, Cody. 

"Here," Ben said as he gave the ID to the guard. He stares at it. Ben gives me a concerning look. I can't help but be scared. 

"Alright, you two are good to go," the guard says. We walk inside. 

"Cody, what was that?" Ben asked. 

"I got scared. This is my first time doing this!" I said. 

"Listen to me, just calm down. Take deep breaths. You got this," I do what he says. After a few seconds, I calmed myself down. "Don't worry, I got what we need," he shows me his duffle bag. I open to see spy stuff and formal suits. 

"Was that fake ID?" I asked.

"Yeah, that was fake ID with our fake names," Ben said. Well, little did I know, someone is about to halt our plan.