CH1: Waking up on the other side (prt2)

Some time later and a mile away, the girl rode her stolen Ducati skillfully down the steps of a subway station. The station had actually been abandoned since the bombings from the Joker last year and was now a deserted area with an eerie vibe. This was her "rendezvous point" and she still had some time to kill. Stepping off the bike, she removed and tossed away her helmet and then unzipped her jacket which she felt was too tight, she wore just a black tank top underneath.

"Phew!" she exhaled as she stretched herself.

Looking over the bike, her eyes rested on the object she was assigned to steal, now wrapped in a brown cloth.

Taking the wrapped object in her hands, she removed the cloth to peer at the source of all this craziness.

It looked like a simple medieval long sword with a long black hilt and a gold cross-guard and pommel but aside from that, there was no identifiable visual characteristics about its design

She checked it's aura again to confirm that this indeed was the object she was looking for. It was difficult to find the thing, let alone come here. Despite her addiction to danger and how interesting she found this city, she had no intention of returning.

"All this trouble just for you. I sure hope it was worth it." she murmured.

Her ears picked up a sound behind her and she quickly spun around, holding the blade behind while her other hand was raised to attack. But all she saw was the staircase she came down on and the empty train tracks, there was a small gust of wind that blew pieces of shredded paper but no presence in the area aside from herself.

"Hm, Probably my imagination." she mused.

"Probably not." A deep modulated voice sounded behind her.

She spun around in surprise and froze as her eyes took in the tall costumed figure. Her mind raced, wondering how could someone sneak up on her without her notice, especially dressed in a suit like that.

Now that Batman was close enough, he was able to get a good look at the mystery thief and he had to admit that she wasn't the least what he expected. She was pretty young, couldn't be older than seventeen or maybe eighteen. Her short, neck-length hair was purple with a definable white streak running over one of her bangs, her eyes were surprisingly vine colored and her skin was tanner than the average japanese. He did also note that her bust was way too big for a teenager...not that it was important or anything.

The girl kept her sight fixed on the Dark Knight until she finally snickered and looked at him incredulously.

"And who are you supposed to be?" she asked.

"I could ask you the same thing. You not only stole something that doesn't belong to you but you critically injured over a dozen police officers and security guards. I'd suggest you hand it over before you make things worse for yourself."