CH12: An Inspiration (prt 1)

Friday had come and Bruce was still two days away from his 'rendezvous' with Koshiro and as much as he'd prefer to be quicker about it, he knew that he was going have to bide his time till then.

He assured himself that it wouldn't be a total waste of time, he could take the time after classes to experiment with his magic in addition to scrounging up some materials to craft some weapons and tools. Then at nightfall, he could go on patrol; if not stopping crimes then at least to get the lay of the city.

That was his intention anyway, as he walked down the path through the Academy grounds. It was until yet again, something in Hagun found a way to have him sidetracked. This time it was in the form of a loud voice that came from the path in front of him to the left.

"Fine! It's not like I need you to teach me! Actually, I don't want you teaching me at all! Just you wait until we fight next time! AS IF A PERVERTED SIS-CON WHO SKIMPS ON TRAINING IS A MATCH FOR ME! BAKA!"

Bruce found it unmistakable: definitely loud, definitely a girl's voice and definitely a familiar one.

And sure enough, followed by stomping footsteps, a certain buxom girl with red-pinkish hair tied in twin tails marched out from the path and turned sharply towards him but halted in her tracks just before she collided.

"Ack! Bruce!?" she gasped, startled with her cheeks slightly flushed.

Stella's surprise vanished and she reverted back her earlier state of anger as she impulsively rounded on him.

"Wha-what are doing out here sneaking around like some creepy stalker!? I nearly ran into you!"

Normally this would be the point where Bruce would dismiss her and continue along his way but then he noticed the two orbs of tears that welled up at the corners her eyes.

"Is everything alright?" he asked with concern.

The question caused her to be taken aback and blink. Feeling the sudden wetness on her face caused by her blinking, she quickly wiped her eyes before folding her arms while looking away with stubbornness.

"Oh, everything is fine. Everything is AB-SO-LUTE-LY peachy keen!"

Stella glanced back towards him to see that he was staring at her weirdly. She didn't give him the chance to say or do anything further when she suddenly leaned forward a little with a wrist at her hip while her free hand raised a finger.

"You're a smart guy, right Bruce? Don't you think a relationship between brothers and sisters should have some strict boundaries?" she asked.

Bruce had an idea whom she was referring to and that was enough for him to shut the door on the whole subject.

"I'm steering clear away from this one." he said firmly as he pushed past her.

"Hey! I wasn't done talking!" Stella called out as she followed him.

Stella jogged and then slowed down to match his pace when she was at arms length behind him. Seconds passed by with her remaining surprisingly quiet as they walked through the shade, the sun's light scattered through the gaps of the trees above and appeared like mini-spotlights on a stage.

Bruce was aware of her hovering behind him and it was starting to get on his nerves, she said she wasn't done talking but she was just quietly following him and he wondered why? Especially after she accused him of being a 'creepy stalker'.

"By the way..." she finally broke the silence. "I've been meaning to ask...How did you know that Komatsu would be found out?"

Since that night, things pretty much played out the way Bruce expected. From what he had heard, Kurono confronted Komatsu and the boy confessed to everything, though apparently there was no mention of being visited by costumed fugitive. From the ledger found in Kurono's office, many students who were part of his 'clientele' were suspended with a stern warning.