CH9: Fear (prt 2)

Meanwhile in the van at front of the convoy, the Yakuza members in the back noticed that Batman continued to grapple and glide after them until he finally landed atop of the truck behind them.

"He's on our cargo! What do we do!?" exclaimed of of them.

Komatsu of course began to bark orders.

"What do you think, idiots!? Get over there and get him off!"

As Batman maintained his footing, he noticed that the truck was slowing down and so was the van in front of it. The trucked moved to the left side of the road while the van lined itself up to its right where the passenger door slid open and two men crossed over to the larger vehicle and began to climb up it. Batman readied himself, it seemed he was about to have company.

The two Yakuza members quickly brandished their handguns and fired at him but he dodged by stepping off the edge of the truck behind him and grabbing on to the ledge. One of the men rushed towards him but he anticipated it and quickly pulled himself back on the truck before surprising the Yakuza member by running towards him as well.

After quickly pulling out a chord from his gauntlet, Batman vaulted over the criminal with the slackened cord behind him. Then in a continuous motion, he fastened the other ends of the cord around the Yakuza member as he landed, tightly wrapping him in the process, before delivering a spinning kick that sent him off the truck and tumbling down the road.

With one down, Batman did the same to the other. This time by hurling a pair of bolas taken from his belt. The bolas found their mark and entangled the remaining Yakuza member, leaving him helpless as Batman quickly flipped him over the truck with a Tomoe Nage-style throw.

The Caped Crusader rolled himself back upright and glanced back to see the second Yakuza member tumble down the road, he figured that the police should be able to pick up both of them. But just as he was about to turn forward, he was suddenly struck by a continuous blast of high-pitched ultrasonic waves.

He yelped as he knelt and clutched his head, relief came to him when his suit's software detected the high decibels and its emergency protocols shutoff the earpiece in his cowl but he still wasn't out of danger. Before him was Komatsu blowing into his flute Device, creating a forward-facing vortex of sound waves; sound waves so powerful that it pushed against Batman like a hurricane.

Batman kept himself from being pushed off but Komatsu advanced till he was right next to him, his sonic weapon continuing to assault him until finally he couldn't hold on any longer and was forced off the truck!

Thinking fast, he quickly spread his cape into its glide mode and safely touched down on the road. Batman stood upright and scowled seeing the truck make its getaway as the Yakuza Blazer stood atop of it and then to his further annoyance, the police cars behind finally caught up to him and stopped in front of him as well as behind.

It didn't take long for the policemen to get out of their vehicles and point their guns towards the vigilante.

"Batman!" one of them called out. "Your under arrest in violation of the Mage-Knight System! Put your hands in the air!"

Batman's expression remained stony and his arms were concealed behind his curtaining cape and then, before the officers could react, he threw down a smoke bomb and used his grapple gun to escape unseen. The officers coughed and cursed while swatting away the smoke until it dissipated to reveal that the vigilante had vanished.

"Damnit! Where'd he go!?" one of the policemen swore.

They looked around frantically, not knowing that he was perched on the side of a building overlooking the expressway and away from their view.