CH5: Rogue (prt 3)

Bruce almost cringed seeing his reflection in the mirror.

It was after he woke up in the morning when Korono greeted him and revealed that she had somehow managed to acquire a uniform for him to wear. After much insistence that he change into it immediately, he did so and looked himself over.

The central part of the uniform was a white jacket designed with black trimmings/lines, particularly two black bands around the sleeves, along with a pair of cuffs and lapels that were light grey with a plaid like pattern. The remaining parts were a thin white tie, a black high collar t-shirt and black pants.

He figured that it must've been one of their biggest size since it was a little loose yet it fit his form just fine. Though it didn't succeed in making him feel any less awkward.

"What the hell did I get myself into?" he grimaced.

He wondered how did this all happen? Not long ago, he thought his life would just amount to beating up criminals and solving crimes. Then he confronted a thief who stole a sword from the museum and now here was, finding himself not only in an alternate reality of where people use magical weapons but the very sword that he was looking for has now made him one of them!

If he told himself this a month ago, his other self would've had him committed to Arkham without so much as a blink.

And on top of it all, he had to now attend a Chivalry school.

When he left Gotham at age nine, his cover story was that he was studying abroad incognito. But in all honesty, he'd never been in a school environment since then and had no idea how to behave in such surroundings. Acting like an aloof billionaire playboy and rubbing shoulders with Gotham's wealthy elite was easy but...this?

"Get a hold of yourself, Wayne!" he internally chided. "You were the CEO of one of the biggest companies in the world, the youngest there had even been! Surely you can handle something like going to school."

At least, that's what he told himself.

With that out of the way, he made his way through the Shinguuji residence to the dinning room. Kurono and Ayato were already at the table eating and greeted him as he entered while the TV at the corner was displaying the news and droned in the background. There was a plate with his breakfast placed readily for him, it seemed that Kurono went out of her way to make bacon and eggs.

"It's a little singed." Kurono admitted with a slight blush. "I hope you don't mind, Takumi...my husband is the one who does most of the cooking around here."

"That's alright. Appreciate it." he murmured as he took his seat.

Ayato engaged in a friendly conversation with Bruce as he ate, it was mostly general questions and he answered them however much he could.

"No offense Bruce, but my mom could probably take you in a fight." Ayato said proudly.

"Really now?" Bruce asked amusingly.

"Yup there's a reason she was ranked third in the KoK A-League. She even got this one move that can rip apart time and space!"

Bruce nearly dropped his fork and turned his incredulous eyes towards Kurono. He knew Blazers were capable of extraordinary feats but the extent of their abilities was something he wasn't accustomed to yet. "These Blazers sure are something else." he thought.

Seeing his reaction, Kurono chuckled sheepishly.

"Yeah but that Noble Art was banned, hence why I don't do that anymore."