CH15: A Game and a Stage (prt 5)

"How do you know Kono anyway?" Bruce asked.

She exhaled a tired sigh before speaking.

"It was years ago, when I was just a kid. I used to compete in these underground fights." Nene looked back at him with a proud smirk. "I was such a bad girl back then."

"Color me shocked." he said with dry sarcasm.

"Oh no, it's true. Between fighting and getting in trouble with the police, I was having the time of my life. But all that changed one day."

"I'm guessing it had something to do with Shinguuji."

Nene looked away from him again as her expression uncharacteristically turned pensive, a mix of emotions stormed in her eyes that she dared not allow him to look.

"You might say that." was all she bitterly said.

Bruce stopped himself from inquiring any further as both he and Nene noticed Kono approaching them. When the gangster stopped at their table, he noticed Nene being on top of Bruce's lap and chuckled at the sight.

"Getting a little cozy, are we?" he asked.

An idea struck Nene at that moment and she flashed Kono a mischievous grin while leaning up against Bruce's chest.

"Oh, you haven't seen anything yet, Kono-yarou."

Without warning, Nene suddenly pulled herself towards Bruce and crashed her lips against his. Bruce was of course taken aback but a second later, he figured that she was just trying to keep appearances up in front of Kono and decided to go along with it by pretending to kiss back.

But Nene had no intention of pretending.

His eyes popped open again and whatever sound he could make was muffled as Nene threw her arms around his neck and practically devoured his mouth while invaded it with her tongue.

"Mmmhhnnnnn~"

The Yaksha Princess giddily moaned, viciously assaulting his tongue with hers while grinding her lithe frame against him.

As nonplussed as he was, Bruce could only remain still until Nene finally pulled away with her eyes dazed, her cheeks tinged in arousal and her tongue halfway out with a string of saliva connecting to his lips.

Throughout the whole time, Kono stood by awkwardly with his eyes like dinner plates.

"My,..." he said wiping sweat from the side of his head. "Nene-chan seems to really like this one."

Ignoring Bruce's discomfort, Nene snuggled against him like he was a teddy bear.

"Oh yes! I find Machii-kun so adorable!" Nene chirped, her face beaming with rosy cheeks.

"Just as well," Kono cleared his throat. "I came to let you know, Mister Malone, that your registration is complete."

He placed what looked like a key-card on top of their table and Bruce assumed it was something important that he would have to take with him later.

"After you hear the announcement, you may spectate along with everyone. Just follow the crowd, they'll catch you up to speed."

"Erm, Sure." Bruce said, trying to remain in character.

Kono bowed with a slick smile.

"I'll leave you two alone then. Please enjoy the rest of the Festa."

With that, he left them. Bruce watched and waited until the gangster was far enough away before he angrily pushed Nene off him.