CH10: Lucky Roshi (prt 2)

"You fucking fraud! You're gonna pay for ruining our lives!" one of them declared.

Stella reacted immediately by standing between Ikki and the approaching boys and gave them her own glare.

"What the hell is the meaning of this!?" she fired at them. "And where do you all get off calling him a fraud!?"

This would normally be the part where they would back down. After all, the Vermillion Princess's sheer power was well known by the student body, no one in their right mind would dare challenge an A-rank Knight. In fact two of the boys looked at each other warily but the other three surprisingly stood their ground. Bruce figured that they were furious to the point where they were being irrational.

"Stay out of this, Princess! I don't care if you're an A-rank prodigy or whatever but we have a bone to pick with that hoodwinking son of a bitch!" one of the defiant boys spoke up.

Stella gritted her teeth and extended her arm to summon Laevateinn.

"Oh, you guys are seriously asking for it..."

But Ikki grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Stella, don't! If you use your Device or magic against them, you'll get into trouble."

She bit her tongue realizing that he had a point.

The two boys who were worried earlier breathe a sigh of relief and allowed themselves to sport a confident demeanor. One of the remaining three on the other hand, looked at Ikki with contempt and scoffed.

"Tch! Look at this guy, pretending he's hot shit."

"Why are you accusing me of these things? What did I ever do to you?" Ikki asked, remaining calm and collected.

"You know damn well!"

Bruce at this point decided that he had heard enough and walked behind Ikki to place a hand on his shoulder.

"Mind letting me handle this, Ikki?" he asked.

Ikki looked back at him, first with mild surprise but then sported a grin when he realized what he had in mind.

"Go right ahead."

Bruce then moved in front of the two teens, prompting the group of five to regard him with hostility.

"You getting our way too, Gaijin?"

"Yeah, walk away! You heard what he said? Using your magic and Device will get you into trouble!"

Bruce only crossed his arms with an unimpressed expression.

"Who said I need either of them?"

The five boys momentarily looked at each other in confusion before they all broke down laughing.

"Ha!Ha!Ha! Get this guy!" one of them guffawed. "He thinks he can take on all of us without his Device and magic!"

The corner of Bruce's lips slightly skewed upwards.

Barely a minute later, all five of them were strewn about in front of Bruce, writhing and groaning.

Stella's eyes were wide and her jaw dropped seeing Bruce easily take them all out with speedy skills of disarming, countering and reversals. She didn't want to believe it; she had initially thought that his win over Ikki was a fluke but now that she saw him up close in action, she begun to realize that all those things Ikki said about him being such a skilled fighter were true.

"Unbelievable! It didn't even look like he touched them and yet he defeated them all quickly without breaking a sweat." she thought in awe.

Bruce knelt in front of one of the downed boys and pulled him up to his eye level by his collar.