(Ch7) September 25th, 8:30 AM

And so the weekend came and gone, and brought me with it to Monday, and I know that's a fact because like every day, I'm waking up at 8:30AM with the alarm, blaring my ear off.

I roll over, stretch, and stand up. I can hear the birds outside, Today is going to be a beautiful day...

That was my first thought before I had looked over at my calendar and saw "MARKETING AT 2:45" scribbled on today's date. The realization that I will be stuck doing a group project for the rest of semester hits. I sit back down at the edge of my bed and take long, deep breaths.

I hate group projects. I'm always the one who has to do all of the work, and plan all of the meetups, and present the work to the class. Why should I do all the work when everyone else can take credit? This is going to suck.

I sigh out loud to myself. I can't change this situation, just how I handle it. At least I have about 6 hours before class.

I end up spending the next few hours hunched over my desk, tapping my pen, trying to think about what I should do for that writing competition. I've looked over everything already, and there's nothing that I think will help me right now. I look over at the clock. 2:00PM. I throw down my pen and groan. I have to start getting ready for class.

I'm brushing my teeth after my shower and twirl a strand of my hair in-between my fingers. It would be nice to dye my hair a darker color, something that can cover up this faded hair dye. It would be nice one day.

I walk outside of my bathroom and head into my bedroom. I grab a pair of jeans a plain black T-shirt out of my dresser. I look myself over in the mirror I have hanging on my wall. I haven't ever been the type of person to wear flashy outfits. They just haven't ever been my thing. I own a few colors, but I haven't worn them in almost two years now, they just sit in my closet, waiting to be worn on a day that won't come.

Once I've finally packed up everything I need today, I put on my shoes and start to head out. I open up my front door and flinch. The cold air hits my face and I immediately turn back around and close my door. Compared to how the past few weeks have been, today's weather was a drastic change. I drop my bag at my front door and head back into my room to grab a jacket. The problem is, I didn't even begin to unpack my winter clothes... they've all been sitting in my closet, waiting to be hung up and put away. I start to mentally come to terms with the fact that I'm going to be cold today, before I see the sleeve of Lucas's jacket sticking out underneath my bed's comforter.

I pull at the sleeve and lift the comforter a little bit so the jacket comes up easy and stare at it. I will admit that last night I did sleep in it. As well as Saturday night, too. My excuse for Saturday night is that I was too tired after work to change and I did end up sleeping in it. I did not have an excuse for Sunday night's sleepover with it yet. I'm embarrassed with myself. He lent me his hoodie to wear out in the rain, and I wear it to bed? That's just plain weird. I don't even want to think how I'm going to return this to him without humiliating myself even more.

I look back over to my closet. No sense in digging through more piles of clothes if I have a jacket right here, though. Especially when I should have left for school already. I pull the hoodie over my head and am again met with the scent of the ocean cologne, though it is very faint now since it's spent nearly three full days with me.

Now equipped with a hoodie, I feel ready enough to brace the first cold weather of the season without being too chilly.