Meeting Jae

Jae had started to shiver by the time she reached the company. Her sister had insisted she take a cab instead of the subway and Jae had agreed, knowing it could be dangerous now that she was so weak. The food had given her some energy, but she needed to heal with her soulmate. She needed to touch him desperately now. The yearning was so strong that her hands itched.

She climbed the steps to the main entrance and entered the lobby. The receptionist looked up at her entrance, but he knew she was an employee so he ignored her.

It was only when she reached the elevators that Jae realized she didn't have a VIP pass to enter the areas where BTS would most likely be waiting for her. Hesitating, she dialled Yoongi's number.

"Hey? You here?" He sounded tired just from his voice.

"Yes. I... I don't know where you are and how to get there."

"Where are you? We are in the waiting room no. 4."

"I am standing right in front of the elevators, but I don't know which floor and I don't have the security card too..."

"Ahh, yes I forgot you must not have the security clearance yet. I'll send someone to get you."

Jae waited patiently, trying to ignore the glances the receptionist was throwing at her. It was only a couple of minutes later the elevator dinged, indicating it had reached down.

Jae had thought he would send a security guard or maybe a manager to assist her. She was surprised when the elevator to her right opened and Park Jimin stepped out, looking around as if searching for someone. His eyes met her and he looked at her curiously before asking,

"Ahn Jae-ssi?"

Jae nodded quietly, her eyes wide open to meet the third idol in the span of two days. And she was going to meet even more, within a few minutes. It was only when Jimin bowed to her politely and introduced himself -as if there was a chance she wouldn't know of him- Jae remembered her manners.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Ahn Jae..." She stuttered, herself bowing deeply. Her mother would kill her if she knew her daughter wasn't being polite, especially in front of her favourite idol. Her mother adored Jimin the most in the group.

Jimin glanced at the receptionist who was now openly staring at them before gesturing towards the lifts. Jae quickly stepped forward and entered the lift, with Jimin right behind her. He swiped the card on the security scanner before pressing the button for the topmost floor which Jae remembered had the waiting room.

"You are pretty." He said with a shy smile.

"Thank you." Jae's cheeks flamed and she looked down at her shoes. She felt like she was going to pass out. Park Jimin, the prettiest person alive, had complimented her. She felt like it was a dream and she was going to wake up anytime.

"I know soulmate bonding can be shocking and overwhelming. But don't worry about anything, we are here with you. I hope you'll be comfortable with us. Welcome to the family Jae-ssi."

"Ne, thank you Jimin-ssi. I hope I am not intruding."

"Aniya, aniya. You are Yoongi hyung's soulmate, so now you are a part of the family now. And the family doesn't intrude. Please don't feel like that."

"Thank you." Jae bowed down to him gratefully.

"How old are you? Do I need to call you noona? Not that you look older..." Jimin ran his hand through his hair, and Jae smiled at that ingrained habit that made millions of ARMYs swoon.

"I am the same age as you, January 1995."

"Ahh okay. Oh, we're here."

Jae played with the strap of her bag nervously as he swiped his card on one more scanner and led her through the familiar hallway towards the waiting room.