Safeguard. One Path, Two People

//

"Woah, the stars are so pretty right?" Meera muttered with an amazed expression and Jae agreed. 

They were far away from the city, completely in the wilderness and the lack of any civilization and consequent light pollution meant they could watch the night sky in all its glory.

"I have never seen these many stars ever in my life." Jae said, fighting to keep her body from shivering. 

It was insanely cold outside on the porch where they had stepped out after their own dinner. The members were done eating too, but were being recorded still. The girls had to wait until they received their soulmates back to sleep.

"I saw them sometimes, whenever I went to my grandparent's place. They lived in a small town, surrounded by vast farmlands and their house was actually a farmhouse. All my cousins gathered at their place in summer vacations and we had a lot of fun. Those were the best days, well, except for the days I get to spend with Taehyung."

Jae laughed at a blushing Meera and sighed.

"I kissed Yoongi oppa yesterday." She said suddenly and Meera gasped.

"Woah, eonnie, that was real fast."

Jae giggled, trying her best not to blush at the memory of last night's passionate makeout.

"Oooh that expression screams that you had a full-blown makeout. Just no details please, I don't need to have that image of someone I think of as a brother in my head." Jae laughed at the mixture of happy and disgusted expressions on Meera's face and was reminded of how she felt the same with Hyeri eonnie. Meera and Yoongi were really like siblings.

"That makes you my sister-in-law then."

"Ohh yeah, it does." Meera said, delighted at the prospect.

"So, how does it feel, visiting places with Bangtan and your soulmate." Meera asked after a few moments of silently admiring the beauty of nature spread out on the vast canvas of the inky black sky.

"Well, it is fun visiting new places and experiencing the thrill I have alwaye wanted to feel, but..."

"But? It feels lonely?" Meera prompted and Jae looked at her, surprised that the younger girl shared the sentiment. Meera shrugged at Jae's astonishment and continued,

"I know we are technically on a trip with Bangtan and our soulmates. We aren't really with them though, this is a work trip. They are so close, yet they seem so far away. Everything they experience has to be shot on camera and so everything we see or experience, we are alone." Jae sighed and nodded.

"You have said exactly what I was feeling. How do you do it? At least, for me, I have you to talk and share things, you were alone with everything before I came."

"It does get lonely sometimes, they have their own world, the world of BTS which I have no part in. I have to often stay on the sidelines while they go do their thing. We have staff around us all the time and they are friendly enough, yet they mostly maintain a professional boundary with us so it's different. But then again, I have Kim Taehyung as my soulmate. That man is the clingiest guy you'll ever see, except for maybe Jungkook oppa. He clings to me so much that anytime he's away doing his own thing or BTS stuff, I can finally get to have some space and me-time. I feel less bad and more relieved to be left alone."

Jae laughed at that, she could imagine what Meera was describing. Taehyung did cling to her all the time, she had seen it in her short time with them.

"Don't get me wrong, I love that guy and I love him clinging to me even more, but damn, a girl sometimes needs some space. He simply doesn't want to understand. He says he'll die if I leave him alone for more than 10 minutes. He even starts acting like he can't breathe if I take too long taking a shower or getting ready. Such a drama queen." Meera muttered making Jae giggle at the cute relationship they had.