Promise

June 7, 2015 | 2:00PM

The firs time I heard this song, I was instantly caught by its 'message' although I couldn't actually understand it, coz it's in Hangul and all I have is but the basic knowledge with the Language.

Promise is a very powerful song. A song with too much feels; heartbreaking feels. Just by listening to all of them sing it makes me feel such emotion I haven't felt in awhile with their song—after Don't Go and Moonlight. ChanYeol's rap part makes it more heartfelt, makes it more heartbreaking.

I don't know but I feel their pain thru this song. The strong message of Promise, a message EXO wants all EXO-Ls to listen to, really pierces through my heart. They've been through the hardest times of being idols, the almost-downfall phase of their career, but we stayed with them. We remained hopeful that everything would be okay. We were with them in their successes, and we stayed even at their darkest moments. That's why, maybe, EXO wants us to know how grateful they are with having us; how sorry they are that we had to face such heartbreaks with what happened during the Overdose Era; how much they love us—even though they know it wouldn't surpass the love we have for them.

Gomawo. Mianhae. Saranghae.

These three words summarize this song for me. And Promise is everything they have in their hearts. That pain, too, shall pass. And brighter days are ahead of us.