12th - Kim JongDae

I have been meaning to do this since Summer break but I haven't had the time to do so. I just started making my final list this morning. And here it is.

Again, this is based solely on my interest and feels for the members, and nothing else.:)

July 1, 2014 | 08:10 PM

___________________

12. Kim JongDae

Out of the 12 EXO members—including Kris that is—Kim JongDae ranks the last, but this does not mean I don’t like him at all. Try as I may to like him the way I do the rest of the guys, I can’t seem to find any spark for Chen.

The primary reason for this, I guess, is that I am too focused on EXO-K that EXO-M becomes just their shadow for me; and I am not ashamed to admit that truth about myself. In fact, given the chance to choose between the two subunits/subgroups, I will, without any second thoughts, choose EXO-K, given that most of my biases and my ultimate bias are in K.

Perhaps it’s also about the language. I’m more used to Hangul now and I prefer listening to the Korean versions of their songs—although to be honest, I still need subs. And even though Chen is actually Korean, but since he is part of the Mandarin subgroup, I haven’t spent much time getting to know him.

However, I don’t have anything personal against Chen or the rest of the M members. I find them really adorable, especially our beagle right here.

JongDae is a sweetheart, we all know that. As I have mentioned in my ranking on my previous entries, I see JongDae as the kindest member of the bigger group of EXO. Quoting SeHun on EXO Showtime Episode 12, “Even though we have SuHo Hyung and KyungSoo Hyung, we don’t need them because we have you. You are the Mother of our group.” He always offers his help to the members without trying so hard to get recognized. He is very thoughtful and really sweet.

With his voice hitting the highest notes (next to XiuMin, as showcased on their 2nd guesting in Weekly Idol), he really is amazing. He sings beautifully. Chen’s laugh is also really cute. He is very naughty, too, let’s not forget. I mean, that’s mainly the reason why he is on the Beagle Line, right? I honestly still haven’t seen how much of a beagle he is, but his members’ words are enough to prove that he is a witty and entertaining guy.

His lips, on the other hand, are what I find really adorable of him. Also his cheekbones and jawline are perfect. And though it’s evident that he wasn’t blessed much with height, his perseverance, kindness, amazing talents and skills, and just his being his true self are enough to compensate.:)