Chapter 4

The Avengers Ball was a rather dull affair full of stuffy people in suits and stiff broads in ballgowns.

Diplomats and senators alike met in the underground chambers of the Avengers Compound, gathering around drinking champagne while an orchestra played in the background.

Steve and Prism had to be glued to each other for the night- both loathing an entire evening of acting and kissing.

He wore a smart, well fitted suit and black tie while she wore a pastel purple gown with a deep necked corset and lace trim that hugged her torso like a second skin, long lace sleeves gave the gown some innocence and elegance.

Natasha sat stood with them among the crowd wearing a tight, black dress with a high slit and a blood red waist belt Priz was sure had knives hidden inside.

The music changed to a more danceable jazz song, prompting the eyes of the public to turn to Steve expectantly, since he was around in this Era

He leaned down to whisper in Prism's ear. "Did you watch the swing dance video I sent you?"

"Yeah."

"Then why the hell are you wearing a ballgown?"

"Because I'm magic, bitch." She stood on her toes to whisper back, took his hand, leading him over to the dance floor where a spot light found them immediately. Her gown shimmered with pastel colors and it's shape changed before their very eyes.

The lower half faded away, the sleeves to cap sleeves, the deep V formed into a classy scoop neck and the fit changed a little to become the perfect 1940s dancing dress.

The onlookers ooh-ed and awwd as they watched the display before the couple took each others hands and began to swing dance to the music.

The crowd watched with fascination as the muscular man tossed his partner around like she was weightless, even holding her above his head with one hand on a few occasions.

When the song ended, they ended in a pose with her leg curled around his thigh and their noses together, both breathing a little heavy as they smiled at each other.

Cameras flashed, just as planned, followed by a chorus of applause.

"You did watch the video."

She raised and dropped her eyebrows at him, smile turning into a smirk. Her eyes glowed pastel purple for a moment to tell him she memorized the movements with her magic.

They stood straight and he spun her back in and dipped her, when pressed a kiss to her lips.

She giggled afterward just before he stood her back up and they took a bow before heading back into the crowd.

Prism's dress shimmered again as it returned to its former Ballgown state, Clint and gave a thumbs up as they returned to a table where he and Natasha now sat.

They smiled as they joined them, sitting close together with his arm around her shoulders while they chatted amongst themselves. After some more schmoozing, Tony joined the table.

"Now that," he pointed to the dance floor that now had a few well dressed couples here and there, "was selling it. You couldn't have rehearsed that. When did you-" she flashed her eyes again making him make on O with his mouth for a second.

"Before the party she was staring at her phone with those weird glowing eyes. Guess she was studying." Clint chuckled.

"Study, memorize, execute." Natasha gave an approving look to the silver haired woman who smiled back.

Not long after, alarms blared and the Avengers jumped to their feet.

The guests stated screaming and running as gun shots rang out.

"Get them out of here! Nat, Barton take out those gunmen! Cap and I will take out the ground forces. Priz, cover us!" Tony's bracelet under his suit grew into an Iron Man glove that went up his arm and covered him in the suit in seconds as the other jumped into action.

Prism put a force field around a few diplomats to block a few bullets just before Clint's pegged the enemies with arrows while Nat shoved others off the cat walk. Cap and Tony took out a few agents on the ground and begun herding the guests to the emergency exits, Tony using his suit to block more shots and took a few of his own with only his finger to keep from damaging the compound.

Prism's eyes flashed around, dodging a few fists and decking her assailants while shooting forcefields to protect the innocent and Cap on a few occasions since his shield wasn't near by.

When the guests were all evacuated, Prism ran after the last group, covering their backs and using her magic to take out the Hydra agents on their tail.

They rounded a corner to the emergency exit and as she was about to follow them she felt a hard blow to her back, ending with an intense electric shock that made her entire body arc and tense as she screamed in agony.

The shock lasted several seconds and at last, she felt a needle stab into her flesh making her vision blurry as she collapsed.

-------A/n
Friendly reminder that votes are always much appreciated 💛