Chapter 17!

Song recommendation:· Somewhere in Neverland - All Time Low

I've been in Poppy's car for about five minutes now. His very black BMW was actually pretty comfortable. Everything looked upgraded, brand new even. And the whole time I've been in his car I've just been admiring it. No speaking at all.

It was awkward at first but we made it work. I noticed how he was always 100% focused on the road ahead of him. He's only looked at me a few times, and that's when were we're right above a shiny red light.

I sighed and opened up his glove compartment. Surprisingly he had CD's... that I actually knew, and they were sitting right next to each other, labels side up, perfectly.

"Hey!" Poppy said, still focused on the road ahead.

"No way, All Time Low!" I gasped, as I opened up the CD. I was amazed that he kept it in perfect condition. Not even a scratch was found.

"You like 'em?" He asked, and looked up at him, my mouth open.

"Yah, who doesn't?" He shrugged like he actually had no idea who would never like All Time Low and I laughed. I never really liked bands until a year ago, when my father died. After that I left my radio untouched and deleted the tab "Today's Hits" off of my Pandora.

"Hmm..." I said, deciding over which song I wanted to play. "Weightless..." I began reading the names of songs until I found the one.

I took the CD out from its case, and tried to figure out how to work it. I clicked a button but all it did was turn on the radio, which was blasting. Surprisingly, I didn't drop the CD when I jumped like a scared little girl (I wouldn't do that).

"Here," Poppy spoke up, taking the CD in my hands and ejecting the Mayday Parade CD that was already inside. He slid the CD and pressed buttons so fast like it was a daily routine.

The song began to play and I smiled uncontrollably, I looked out the window to distract myself and began singing along.

"Tell me how you feel over and done with...." I began, "...Wendy, run away with me, I know I sound crazy, don't you see what you do to me? I wanna be your lost boy, your last chance, a better reality, yah..." I continued singing along, as Poppy turned the volume up.

I caught him taking a few glances at me but I ignored it, dancing slightly in my seat.

"We'll talk about how your parents separated and..." The third time the chorus came around, the singing stopped. The song became instrumental, and Poppy turned it up more. Almost blasting it. He looked at me and winked as he turned the knob slowly.

He pretended the wheel of his car was a drum set and began tapping it slightly in the motion of the song.

"Here we go again..." He began singing with me. "Wishing we could start again..." We sang the chorus, almost screaming the lyrics.

"Wendy, run away with me, I know I sound crazy, oh just see what you do to me?! I wanna be you're," in that pause, Poppy and I froze, "Lost boy," we began again, "your last chance, a better reality, yeah!"

And in mini drum solo, Poppy instantly began tapping the wheel of his car pretending. We both sang, I looked at him and laughed.

As we sang the last words to the songs to the song I nodded my hand slightly, "somewhere in Neverland..."

The song ended and a new one began, we didn't start singing, it was just like the ice was broken and we could just... talk.

————

When we arrived at our destination, it wasn't what I expected. I don't even know what I expected, I guess. Maybe a park, or a restaurant or something.

But diffidently not a waterfall.

Well, I guess I did, since we were driving up a cliff, and there was water down below us. We weren't at the top of it, we were at the bottom, where the water hit and collided with each other. He stopped his car and immediately got out. I followed him... maybe he had something planned?

Cass and I have gone here once with my father two years ago, we were swimming with each other, and splashing each other like everything was right in the world. We were just having fun....

"I come here a lot," Poppy began, looking out onto the water.

"When I'm feeling down, or something. " He bent down slowly and picked up a rock. His arm flung to the side and bounced back, the rock skipped above the water.

"So this is like your...secret spot?" I asked, and he looked at me, staring for a few moments.

"Something like that." He was probably right, since it was no longer a secret anymore. "

Have you come here before?"

"Ummm...." I looked down at the ground and breathed heavily out of my mouth, "Yah, once with my father, and Cass."

"Where is your father?" He asked, taking another rock and doing the exact same thing.

"He uh...." I swallowed, Poppy picked up another rock, "he passed away last year." He did it again, only the rock didn't skip, it sunk.

He sighed and looked at me with apologetic eyes, which closed after a while. He re-opened his eyes and apologizied. I told him the usual, that it was 'okay', and 'why are you sorry, it wasn't your fault?' to make them feel slightly better about the situation.

"I just am," he answered simply.

"Well, I'm not." He raised his eyebrows at me and I continued. "It's not like I want him dead. He's gone and... I'm pretty fucking pissed about that. But... he reminded me of someone, and... I was proud."

"Someone... who?" He picked up another rock.

"This boy I used to know." He examined the rock in his fingers, turning it over once and a while. "What uh, what happened to him?" I looked up from the floor, and sighed. I hated this topic. I hated the topic of my dad's death as well, but at least I didn't blame myself for it. It took my forever to tell... Gram. I barely know this kid.

"Umm..." I cleared my throat. I looked up at the water, and back at him. He was looking right back at me.

"Do you want to go swimming?" I changed the subject.

"What?" He asked. I walked over to the water, and slipped my shoes off. Followed by my shirt, and pants. Only to leave me with my bra and underwear. It's not like I'm being slutty... it's like a freaking' bathing suit!

"Rose?" He asked, as I looked back at him.

To be honest, I was terrified that it would be freezing cold. And flashbacks of being with Gram at the camp came into picture. He was so sweet to me... was he sweet to her too? Did they go the lake? I blocked those images out from my head.

Gram wasn't here now.

I took in a deep breath, and pictured myself being at the top of the cliff again. Only, I was right next to the water. But I know for a fact that the temperatures in these waters aren't warm one bit. I relaxed my shoulders, looked back at the water, held my breath, and jumped in.

Hey guys!

This is a lightweight short chapter (to me anyway) so I'll be posting a lot more chapters right now, just to get the drama started... so keep reading!

P.S.

I'll go over the grammar mistakes later whoops

Next chapter teaser: Rosalie hilucinates about Gram