Chapter 7!

Ethan laughed before taking the last crumb of his coffee cake off of his plate and placing it in his mouth. The others joined in laughter with him, just like me. After my little “talk” with someone whose name I don’t even know, I went to class, thankful that he wasn’t in any with me. The rest of the day was boring as usual. I was worried that I didn’t see Zoe anywhere, since she had Chemistry with me.

    When school was over I rushed over to the diner. Ethan was their first, so I sat with him and began talking for the next ten minutes before Gram arrived. We ordered our food and waited for Zoe to show. She showed up twenty minutes later.

    Without Bishop.

    Gram asked Zoe where her ‘partner in crime’ was and I nudged him lightly. It wasn’t his fault no one filled him in. But I was happy Ethan didn’t say anything, he didn’t even shoot Gram a look when he mentioned it. He brushed it off, thank god. I remembered I still had to thank him for earlier, I’ll do it later. Zoe responded with a simple ‘he’s not coming, jackass.’ Gram apologized, of course and let the topic drop.

    Now we were sitting in a booth talking about Lily and how drunk she was at last night’s party. I still haven’t seen her since the party where I jumped off a cliff and had Gram almost break up with me, but I didn’t mind that. I took a French fry off of Gram’s plate, since I didn’t order anything, as he put his arm over my shoulder. I scooted closer to him and he kissed my forehead. I didn’t mind that all my friends were here, I knew they supported my relationship with Gram. Why wouldn’t they? I know Ethan has only known him for a day and a half now, but they’ve talked a few times.

    “No, seriously, she practically climbed on top of him just to get him to kiss her. She’s was yelling ‘it’s New Years! Be my New Years kiss!’” Said Zoe, and we all laughed harder. “You know she was calling out for you, Gram.” I looked up at Gram, and quickly grabbed another French fry, shoving it into my mouth. Maybe I’ll eat so much of these that I’ll explode and no longer have to hear about them together. Yeah, maybe.

    “I didn’t know, I was at my house.” He grabbed a French fry and his hand brushed against mine.

     “I know, I was just saying. Ugh, she’s so…so…”

     “Slutty?” I blurted out, and covered my mouth. “I mean… she’s not the most sophisticated person I know.” Ethan laughed at my lame cover up and I shrugged casually.

     “Don’t worry, she is a whore.” Zoe backed me up. “So is that… Simone bitch.”

     “Zoe,” Ethan and I warned at the same time, and looked at each other before laughing.

    “What? She is.” She defended.

    “Why would you think that?” I asked.

     “Oh, don’t even get me started.”

      “Actually, I want to hear this.” Ethan said.

     “Okay, fine.” She sighed and looked at Ethan. “Well first off…” I turned to face Gram who hasn’t said a word.

    “Are you okay?” I whispered, as Zoe was too busy telling Ethan the reasons why she hated Simone. I felt bad for him. He shouldn’t have said anything.

    “Yeah, of course I am.” He smiled, and gave me a gentle kiss on the lips. I kissed him again and rested my head on his shoulder. I waited for Zoe to finish torturing Ethan but it seemed never ending.

    “… and let’s not forget the fact that she-“

    “-Zoe?” I interrupted. She faced me, completely clueless. “Um, can I talk to you for a second?”