Chapter 5!

“Rosalie,” Zoe nudged my shoulder for the second time, as I, pathetically was still staring at the wall. It’s not like I was attracted to him, the color black doesn’t look good on everybody, but he was staring. And I had no idea why, it seemed like he knew me in a way. It was… unexplainable. So unexplainable that even Zoe and Ethan didn’t understand, Bishop on the other hand was leaning against Zoe’s locker and it seemed like he couldn’t care less that a boy was staring at me. Not a boy, a stranger. Even worse, I let him. I let my head follow his until there was no were to turn. Zoe nudged me for the last time and I faced her.

     “I don’t know,” I repeated, and she nodded.

    “Sure seems like he knows you,” She looked at the wall and then back at me. “So, are you in?” She asked, she hugged her text books around her chest tight and I looked back at her face. I had no idea what she was talking about, I thought her and Bishop were talking about carpooling, well I did before that stranger was staring at me and interrupted my eavesdropping. “Hello? Earth to Rosalie,” She waved her hand in my face and I nodded.

    “Sure, I’ll go, wouldn’t miss it.” I replied with a smile and a nod to not give away the fact that I was clueless.

    “Great, Ethan can she go with you? Bishop and I are leaving early and I wouldn’t want her to go alone.”

    “Okay,” Ethan gave in and gave me a smile.                                                       

    “Yay, it’s going to be so fun!” She clapped her hands and her books came tumbling to the ground. “Ah, shit.” She cursed under her breath and her and Bishop knelt down to the floor while Ethan and I stayed standing. I walked over to Ethan who was leaning against the lockers like Bishop was moments ago.

    “What is she excited about?” I whispered, and he smiled at me again.

    “I knew you weren’t listening,” I gave him a stern look and he laughed, “There’s a bonfire tonight at six down at the docks.”

    “A bonfire at the docks?”

    “By the docks,” he corrected, “apparently some rich kid lives there and is throwing a huge bonfire.”

    “Where are his parents?” I asked stupidly.

    “Ha-ha, they are out of town, I guess. I don’t really know all the details, that’s all Zoe said before that creep walked by.” I nodded and looked back at the wall.

    “So, I guess were going together?”

    “I’ll drive,” Ethan suggested.

    “Is this just a way to show off your car?” I whispered and Ethan took a step closer to me.

    “Eh, there’s a possibility.” I laughed just as Zoe and Bishop got off from the floor.

    “What’s so funny?” Asked Zoe, holding her text books so tight her knuckles were white.

    “Just the fact that you’re so clumsy,” Ethan answered for me and Zoe nudged him. Bishop checked his hand watch and cursed to himself.

    “Class starts in two,” he said, and all of us immediately went our separate ways.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     I arrived thirty seconds late to my first class, but my History teacher, Ms. Barnes just told me that it shouldn’t happen again. Of course, the front seat was open so I sat there. Right above her, before we started class she told us some facts about herself: how she used to live at a farm when she was a child, how half the population was her family (it was a joke, which I didn’t think was that funny), how she made a big mistake when she was eighteen to get married, and now she was divorced. Her telling us all these things about her was beyond crazy, but I didn’t object, I just nodded along with the rest of the class and watched how her facial expression changed whenever she changed sentences.