Chapter 13!

“A club?” Zoe asked, to make sure what I said was right. After Poppy and I left the club, he dropped me off at the Café. I thanked him and he said it was no problem. When I walked into the Café I checked my phone and noticed that I had four missed calls from Gram. I panicked a little and called him back.

      He was worried sick about me. It sounded like he’s been hyperventilating. He noticed that I ditched school and wanted to know if I was sick, or injured, or hurt in any way. I told him to calm down and he agreed, not seeming so sure with himself. After I hung up with him I told Zoe everything that happened. She was just as shocked as I was, that I ditched.

      “He’s sure making an effect on you, Rosie.” She said, after I told her about the club. I didn’t care what she said, it was fun. I was free from all the pain, I felt like I no longer needed running. I could drink, dance, and enjoy myself. I nodded along as if I actually cared. Which I did, of course I cared of what she had to say. Just not now.

     “Zoe, those groups of people over there have been waiting for fifteen minutes for you to take their order,” said Chloe, another employee.

    She had on her usual white button up shirt that we all had to wear, and a red skirt, with a red apron. I’ve always thought she’d looked the prettiest in it. While Zoe and I looked boring. Although, Chloe was really snotty, and no one really favored that.

   “Now, go.” She demanded, before squeezing past us to give her order to the register. Zoe nodded before rolling her eyes and turning to.

      “See what I deal with,” she said, before walking off to her table. I smiled and laughed and tightened my apron around my waist.

      “Rosalie, can you handle the register, I need to take a piss!” Said Joe from the register, he’d always been completely open with what he had to say, I never understood it.

    I nodded and walked over to the register. There was a long line of people waiting. You see, this Diner was different, if you wanted food or a drink for here you would sit down and we would come to you. But if it was to go, you walked up to us, we take your order, and then you pay us when we give it to you. We don’t have “cash registers”, we have drawers. I’ve always thought the Diner was unique in that way.

     “Next!” I said, after taking a little girls order for a cupcake. When I lifted my head, the little girl was gone. It was no longer a cute tiny girl standing in front of me. But an ugly big girl: Lily. She had a dress on, as always. Her hair blonde hair was down, resting on her shoulders. She was wearing red lipstick, and her lashes looked extra long today. She was always… pretty. Even though I want her to look her worst, she always proved me wrong.

     “Well, hello, Rosalie. What a coincidence to see you here.” She said with an extra fake smile.

      “I work here,” I growled, “you know that.”

      “I guess I’ve forgotten,” she answered.

      “What can I get you?” I asked with no expression at all.

      “Hmm… let me think…. How about a strawberry banana smoothie, no whip?”

     “Strawberry Banana, no whip!” I shouted from behind me.

     “Got it!” Dave answered.

     “So, how was your summer, Rosalie?” Lily asked.

     “It was a lot better without you, if that’s what you were asking.”

     “Even without Gram?” She asked, and my heart stopped. Of course she wants to talk about Gram, why wouldn’t she? She’s in “love” with him.