Chapter six

Three days have passed since we went foraging for greens. We found some round root (potatoes), orange spike root ( carrots), we also found some onions and garlic. We found a few seasonings but not alot we found some pepper and parsley but that's it.

Jasper brought me a lot of long grass, so I'm currently weaving some bigger baskets while he is out hunting. I finally feel comfortable enough to be away from him for a little while. I drop what I'm doing when I hear a high pitched whine sounding like an animal in trouble. I don't really think as I leap up and rush towards the sound.

I run as fast as I can till I come to a giant whole in the ground it's really freaking deep. The yelping gets louder and I can see a really big white fox sinking farther into the hole. I instantly realize he must be a beastman for his size and call out to him. He it's okay calm down panicking will only make you sink faster. He looks startled at my voice and looks up at me he has the most beautiful shimmering eyes I've ever seen, even if one does have a giant scar going across it.

Realizing that I'm getting distracted I tell him to hold on and Ile get him out. I rush over to one of the trees and grab some Vines I tie three together then I tie it around the base of the tree then throw the Vines in the pit. I tell him he has to shift back if he wants to be able to hold on to the rope . He looks really skeptical like he's not sure it's a good idea. "Please shift back I can't help you if you dont."

His eyes seem to soften at my words and he shifts back. He has stick straight waist long hair and pail skin and a delicate face with the large scar going across it from his eyebrow over his eye ending right above his mouth. He beautiful. Realizing Im Lost in thought staring at him I tell him to grab the rope and I start pulling while he climbs. After about five minutes he finally reaches the top and I grab his hand and help pull him the rest of the way up.

We both collapse on the ground on are backs breathing hard trying to catch our breath. "Thank you kind female." He sputters out breathlessly. " Call me Juniper". I see him smiling out of the corner of my eye it's really cute. I sit up abruptly "oh shoot I should really get back before my mate freaks out that I'm gone.

" He looks at me quizzically " but you have no mate mark." I flush embarrassed a little "That's because I'm not quite ready to mate yet, but I already gave him a name so he's not going anywhere." " Really!" He says excitedly looking at me. He immediately covers his eye though and looks away. " Hey why are you doing that." " Females don't like my scar it disgusts them" he said with sad voice. "Hey it's okay I think your scar is beautiful, I have plenty of scars of my own I would never judge you for such a thing."

He looks at me startled like he not sure how to respond. I jump up and reach my hand out to him. "Hey you wanna come home with me I like you and Jasper said I need more mates so as long as it's okay with him would you wanna be my mate. He jumps up grabbing my hand his tail and ears pop out and his tail starts wagging really fast it's exceedingly cute. I can't help but to giggle. " Really?!" "Yes really come on" I say as I lead him back to the cave our hands still entwined.

Jasper pops up next to me as we make it back to the cave "hello little one who is this" He says with a smirk. "Ummm a potential mate if your cool with it ?" He looks surprised that I asked him but smiles and he leans over in front of my fox male and puts his face really close to his. "I have no problem with it he's really cute." He says with a smirk. Both me and the fox blush bright red. Jasper just smiles and walks over to his kill continuing to skin it.

After that I try to collect myself. "So do you want to be my mate?" "Yes!" He exclaims excitedly his tail wagging even faster. I giggle " So can I give you a name I'm not really comfortable just calling you the fox?" He excitedly shakes his head yes. "So how about opal? I know your eyes are technically pale blue but with your white hair it makes your eyes Shimmer reminding me of a really beautiful stone called opal from my home land."

His smile gets even wider. "Opal I except." He says this so gleefully I know it was a good choice. And just like Jasper Opal is enveloped in a bright white light, like the gods themselves approved of the name.