Thief

"Have you seen my engagement ring?"

Spoke Charlotte, a petite woman with fair complexion raised her hand, pointing a big chunky diamond ring to her friends.

"David must love you alot." One of her friend said in envy. Looking carefully at her ring

"Oh, he's the best." Charlotte said with dreamy eyes. "Shit, I'm late. I have to meet David's family, we're going to get my wedding dress. I'll see you guys later" she runs off in a haste.

"Do you know David cheated on her again?" One of her friend chuckled as she left.

"What?"

"Yes! This time with his assistant. I mean he's only marrying her because she's pretty. Just a trophy wife"

"He's got good money, I heard, and lives in a big house in Central London." The friend whispered to the group.

"Their relationship is so toxic. He cheated on her so many times I can't even keep count."

"Poor Charlotte. I feel so bad for her." Said another girl in mockery.

.............................................................

"Another theft in Central London." George reads the paper. "No traces of the thief found."

"George, I don't need this kind of negativity early in the morning." Lockwood yawns.

"I think we should be more careful. Put more locks in the house." George exclaimed.

Lockwood ignores him and make himself a cuppa. He doesn't bother as George loves to take unnecessary precautions.

"When is your train George?" Lucy enters the room.

"Late afternoon."

"Good. I'll leave with you then."

Lucy and George both left to visit their family for this weekend. George went to sidcup to meet his grandma and Lucy went to her town to meet Norrie, which leaves Anthony to fend for himself.

Anthony spent his evening in the library. When the clock struck six he abruptly rose up from the couch.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit. I'm fucking late." He runs to get dressed and leave for his appointment.

After the Combe Carey Hall case, Lockwood and Co is getting it's well deserved recognition. They recently solved a big case and the agent was supposed to be meeting the client for it's due payment.

Lockwood enters the posh restaurant of Soho and catch his breath. His wrist watch screamed at him "congrats, you saved the day. You're ten minutes early"

"Reservation for two." He said to the hostess.

After a moment, he finds himself sitting in a corner of the restaurant, waiting for his client.

"Thanks for waiting Mr. Lockwood." A gentleman in his 60s said. He was in a business suit and had a warm smile.

"Oh my, it's my pleasure. Please don't be sorry." Lockwood remarked.

"I can't thank you enough. You and your team did a splendid job. Now I can safely sell the house." He sighed.

After some conversations and exchange of a handsome cheque, the businessman talks about the recent news.

"Have you heard about the thefts in your neighborhood, Mr. Lockwood? You can't never be safe these days." With wide eyes he whispered.

"Yeah.." Lockwood lightly nods.