Chapter 1

"So what does this do?" Mikasa asked sheepishly, scanning the object with her bright eyes. She was resting on a rock half her body lay on the hard surface whilst her dark tail swished around in the water excitedly.

" Well it's a book." Eren said, green eyes flashing, he always loved visiting his mermaid friend and showing her new objects, he was intrigued by mermaids.
"Book?"
"Yeah a book. We right in it for information or stories."
"What are stories?"

"Like events of something that we tell others or write them in these so we don't forget."

"Wow." Mikasa's eyes glowed with fascination, Eren and Mikasa had known each other for 5 years, when Eren was 10 he was playing by the rocks on his own when he saw her, her black tail caught under a rock where her hips would be.

At first Mikasa was terrified humans had been known to hunt mermaids and eat them, but not Eren he simply pulled the rock away and wrapped his red scarf tight around the wound to stop the bleeding. Mikasa still uses the scarf today as an accessory, it can somehow out last her amazing speed.

"Eren!" Eren quickly turned around to see his blonde friend running towards them.

"Oh. Hey Armin," he flashed a smile.

"Hi Ere-" he was cut off when he saw Mikasa, he stared in horror.

"What is it Armin?" Mikasa looked confused.
"Mikasa, y-you shouldn't be here. Ther-theres a person who's came here, he hunts mermaids!"

"So? I'm fast and strong, many hunters have tried to catch me." There was a pause." They all fail."
"But this one Mikasa he's not like the rest, he's said to be worth 1000 hunters." Mikasa but her lip she'd never seen Armin this scared; she new Armin was smart so he wouldn't get this worked up over nothing."

"Armin I'll make sure to be extra careful."

Armin sighed," okay but just stay away from the one called Levi."

"I will. I better go anyway cya you two."

"Bye Mikasa." They said just in time before Mikasa dived under the great blue.

"Where's Mikasa?" Hanji asked angrily," she better not have gone to the surface again!" She flicked her blue tail angrily.

"Maybe she's just gone hunting to get some more food!" Sasha swam in a quick circle, orange tail flicking to the thought of food.

"Mikasa doesn't hunt for food she defends if we get attacked by humans."

"Well what if- if she saw a human and had to chase it away," Connie's face was now bright green matching his tail, Mikasa had asked them to cover for her whilst she went up to the surface, they had failed.

"If she isn't back b-" Hanji was cut off by a swish of a black tail going faster than the speed of light flashed by her.

"Hello Hanji," she gleamed happy from seeing Eren and Armin.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Sasha and Connie jumped with fear, Mikasa stayed perfectly calm.

" I just went to... erm- I just went to get some food."

"Sure you did," Haji spat sarcastically." I know you went to the surface again. I don't want you going there anymore! What have I told you it's dangerous! Humans are evil, they kill us!"

"But-"

"No buts. I want you to go to your room and don't come out until tomorrow."

Mikasa looked furious and would say no but Hanji was their leader she couldn't without being kicked out of Atlantis, like Annie. So reluctantly she swam off to her room and collapsed in tears on the bed, they had all arranged to see each other tonight and now she was stuck in here. Her eyes slowly drifted to the small window in the top corner, or was she stuck.

"Sir!"

"Yes?" The corporal took a sip of his tea.
"Commander Erwin would like to talk to you. He says it's important sir!"

"Very well," Levi stood up and walked to Erwin's office. It had been pretty boring here, the town's people had said there was a ginormous population of mermaids in this area, Levi didn't know if they were lying or the mermaids were good hiders.

"You wanted to see me Erwin?"

"Yes. One of our men has spotted a child talking to a mermaid."

"So a little brat was talking with the enemy, idiot, they'll probably lore him in and eat him alive."

"I've done some research on him. His name is Eren yäger, I want him captured immediately and put to questioning."

"Of course."

"I also have another job for you, Levi."

"What is it?"

"We're running low and ship men, I want you to hire both men and women to our deck, if what the townspeople said was true we're going to need a lot of people."