Part 7

"Where is Mikasa!" Hanji was raging mad." It's been two days, you two have to know something!"

Connie hid behind a stuttering Sasha," H-Hanji we-we don't know." Hanji's gaze got harder making Sasha and Connie tremble.

"-"

"I might know some information on her whereabouts," Hanji, Connie and Sasha turned around in silence to a shadow, it slowly moved into the light to reveal a blonde haired mer creature with long tentacles appear.

"Annie?!" Connie exclaimed, they stared in awe.

"Annie! How did you get here! You've been vanquished from here! I should have you killed!" Hanji glared at her.

"You don't want to do that since I know where your precious number 1 black tail is," Hanji soften her glare.

"Where?" Annie let out a smirk.

"So day 2 of being human," Mikasa yawned and started to get dressed." Only 5 more days to kill him." Mikasa left her dorm and lined up outside with the other cadets." Hey Mikasa," Eren and Armin turned to their friend.

"Is it usual for your legs to hurt so much," Mikasa rubbed the back of her legs.

"You probably pulled a muscle," Armin said.

"Well how do you get rid of it? It's really obnoxious."

"Just remember to stretch more, before and after workouts."

Mikasa huffed and nodded. "Right cadets! Mermaids are fast and hard to catch since they have fins, so today you're are going to catch as many fish as you can. Also the person to catch the most can have meat for dinner!" As soon as the word 'meat' was mentioned they crown burst into awe and excitement." Begin!" and just like that everyone was up to their knees in water and thrusting their hand into the water frantically trying to catch the slippery fish.

"SHIT!" Eren gritted his teeth this was the 4th fish that slipped out of his hand.

"Calm down Eren," Mikasa sighed as she grabbed another fish and played it not a little bag.

"That's easy for you to say you've already caught 11 and it's only been 5 minutes!"

"Well I'm used to how they move so..."

"The captain seems to be having a close eye on you lately," he glanced over at the captain who was watching Mikasa nab another fish.

"It's Probably because of your spar yesterday," Armin joined the conversation," he's probably either noticed your skill and strength or how you act a little 'fishy'," Armin looked at his waiting for laughter but non came.

"You're right Armin," Mikasa's eyes lit up." I do want to get a high ranking so I can be in his squad and pay back Annie's debt, but I don't want to seem like I'm an expert. I know at the end me and Eren can swap bags!" Eren let out a big smile.

"Seriously! Thank you so much Mikasa it's been so long since I've had meat!"

Half an hour passed and whilst everyone was still grabbing their 6th fish Mikasa was on her 54th! She just pushed her hand in the water and ripped them out. Eren smirked as he watched everyone's faces loose hope as their stare at Mikasa in awe. 'The meet is mine' Eren thought as the whistle blew and Mikasa and Eren swapped bags, Eren could already taste the tender meat! Everyone opened they bagged in a line and the instructor walked past them all counting," 6, 15, 9- Mikasa 11." Everyone stared in awe there was quiet whispers and gasped." I guess we finally found something you're not good at." He continued to Eren and almost jumped at his result." Eren Yaeger 59! Well-done that it the most I've ever seen, I assume no one has any better," the last 4 people looked down ashamed." Yaeger you can go to the crew's dinning room, everyone else down to the canteen." Everyone grumbled and sighed as they walked down the stairs to the dirty tables and broken chairs whilst Eren started to trot off down the corridor- suddenly a arm cut him off, it was Levi the same hard face as always," Wait here," he turned to Mikasa and Armin who were walking down the stairs happily chatting," Ackerman!" Armin jumped and Mikasa turned with a glare of the sound of his voice. Mikasa walked back up the stares to Eren sweating nervously. "Do you really think I'm an idiot, I saw you grabbing the fish faster than lightning whilst this lazy brat dropped all of them, I know you switched bags."

"Don't talk to Eren like that!" Mikasa's glare was ice cold and it slightly shocked Levi, he'd never been spoken to like that before.

"Don't talk to superiors like that or I'll have you clean so much that your hands will fall off," Mikasa opened her mouth in disgust, she was about to talk back but Eren grabbed her hand, holding her back." Why did you swap bags with him? Why did you give up the chance to have meat?" Mikasa looked down shyly, Levi pulled a confused face," have you ever had meat?"

"No."

"God you've been missing out, Yaeger I want you straight to your dorm, no lunch for cheating." Eren let a sad look out and shuffled back to his dorm. Mikasa looked grumpily to the ground. ' It must have been important to Eren that meat, and he's took it away from him. Don't you worry Eren, ill give this shorty what he deserves,' She thought.

"And you, Ackerman, you're going to try some meat."