Part 16

Mikasa suddenly felt weak looking at him, he had such a hatred in his eyes. She had never seen him like that, he did usually wear a disgusted scowl and looked at the world with narrowed eyes.

But right now, his eyes were fully open.

Mikasa opened her mouth to speak, but the words didn't come out.

"Why?" Levi spoke in a hard but low tone.
"Wha-what do you-" Mikasa was speaking calmly yet had a slight hitch in her throughly.

"You snuck into the recruits. You made your way to top student. You made all the higher ups trust you with their lives," Levi edged the knife closer to her neck." You sabotaged the graduation, you betrayed us."

He quickly glanced around making sure no one was there. There were out in the open, Levi on his knees on a drifting plank of wood, it looked like it used to be a door. She was half in the water half out.

"You betrayed me." He finally let out what he seemed to be struggling with.

"No Levi," she was heart broken she couldn't take it, he continued to talk.

"But you wanna know what's the most shittiest thing about my situation. Do you want to know what is tearing me apart."

"I'm in love with you!" He finally looked away.
"That's what you planned isn't it 

She couldn't understand her feelings from what he just said.

But out of all the emotions that felt the strongest was anger.
"What the hell are you talking about?" Mikasa said in a low tone. Levi was a bit surprised by this but held his guard.

"I ran away from home to protect my people. I was tricked by a sea witch. Was terrified of what my friends at home would think of me. Then when I think I've found away to stop everyone from dying, the person I- you, make me the criminal!" Mikasa was almost in tears but completely enraged.

"Stop making yourself a victim", Mikasa let out a light sob, she cringed at it knowing that she wanted to keep her daunting personality.

"And guess what, I was actually sent here to kill you! But you know what, I'm almost certain that I love you too!"

They were both silent Mikasa was sure he was going to slice the knife but he didn't.

He loosened up. She turned to look at him and he looked down at her, he looked at her.

She felt limp but strong at the same time.

She pushed herself up to face him. And swiftly pressed her lips against his. 

I know this is quite short but I wanted to publish it. I'm gonna try not go on my random breaks that I sometimes do and I'll try and update 1 day - 1 week, it's almost over though now.

Also someone asked why Jean wasn't included in this story, it's because i ship jeankasa as equal with rivamika (I know it's a lot of you hate that ship) so say if in a rivamika fic Jean gets turned down by Mikasa or the other round I get a little annoyed so that's why I haven't included him.

So thanks for reading I'll update soon!