Chapter 8

"We talking about a show," I look at Simone, seeing where she's going with this because my brain is empty. Has been for a while. "They are hiding things from L..."

"Eleven..."

"Yeah....and she will find out."

"That will determine on the outcome though." Widening my eyes. She bugs hers wide open as well and we are both looking crazy right now. Then she breaks out in a laugh.

"Layla you need to stop sneaking up on people like that."

Layla tries to smile but fails. "Olivia do you know what happened with those two?" because of the dumb look I must have she adds on. "Saw the three of you talking before the fight started."

"I did something and Asher is upset with me and Spencer didn't make things better."

At this point, Layla deserves a little bit of truth from me because I don't think I will ever get the courage to tell her what has been going on under her nose. What Spencer did was foolish but it felt good having him act all territorial, maybe there is something wrong with me because that turned me on so much I will have to touch myself.

She nods taking the information in. Layla is counting the stars. After a few seconds she walks away to find her boyfriend. And I hate that I am not the one checking on Spencer right now.

My phone vibrates in my pockets. When I pull it out its Spencer.

"I'll leave you to it." Simone says already walking away.

"Hey?"

"Hey." Silence, "Sorry about that, I acted like a bum."

"Yes you did." Biting my tongue because I don't want to add on to his stress, I want to be the one to make him smile. "You looked hot though."

He laughs. "You're just obsessed with my muscles."

"So what if I am,"

We laugh for a while before we hang up. Well someone entered his room I could hear the door open so we had to hang up anyway.

**

The following morning, I am packing my bag in the car at the same time Spencer is throwing his things in the back. Layla suggested I offer him a lift since I we were on the same flight. And since I rented the car for the few days I was here it was easier, she said.

Won't lie to you, everything that came out of her mouth sounded suspicious. It was like she was baiting me or something.

And of course I agreed.

"Are those two fighting?"

We looked behind to where Spencer and Layla stood two feet apart, it would be normal if she wasn't glued to his hip whenever they were in the same space. Now it looked like the great wall of china was present.

"Do you think she knows though?"

Looking back at them, she glanced back at us. Her eyes squinting a little.

"I mean she is the type to keep things to herself so it could be a possibility or maybe she's just having a fight with her boyfriend who is planning on dumbing her." Hitting her with an elbow. "Ouch, was that too real for you? Have you talked to Asher?"

"His not picking my calls."

"Hope he won't be the first to spill."

Do I even care if he ends up telling her, I feel like this is my easy way out? But then if he says something it will look like I went after Spencer knowing he was dating her. Half true but not the context I need.

Sighing I say my goodbyes. Dad brings something over and I promise to visit. Mom and I share an awkward hug. With her telling me to stay away from Spencer.

Layla and I share a hug and she hugs me tighter. "I think Spencer is cheating." She whispers in my ear and I'm frozen to my core. Alarm bells going off. Why did she choose to tell me this now when I am about to leave? Pulling away, I take her in and she forces a tiny smile out, "Don't worry about it I'm being silly." Patting my shoulder as if I am the one in need of comfort.

How does she just say that at an awkward time? It's crazy or maybe I am the crazy one but she just can't drop me a bomb in my hands. Layla is tasting me, trying to get a reaction out of me.

And I hate it, she should look me in the fucking eye and tell me what's cooking in her mind.

**

"You've been quiet." He says tapping his fingers on my thigh. There two ways to go through this. Either I tell Layla everything, and stop messing around with Spencer. Or I just put an end to our situation and this could be like it never ended. "Hey?"

"I think Layla knows."

"Yeah I told her."

What.

"What?" we reach the airport.

"Relax, I didn't say who it was but I had to tell her that I was unfaithful and I wasn't planning on forgetting this person." He opens his door.

Butterflies everywhere.

Forget what I was thinking. What! Still can't hear a thing apart from my heart beat.