01, CUPCAKE

CHAPTER 01 — CUPCAKE

6 months later

Alara stood in front of the museum; the sight was both exhilarating and unexpected, as her museum had rarely seen such bustling activity on weekdays. The weekends were usually reserved for the surge of visitors, but today, it seemed the allure of the latest exhibit had drawn enthusiasts from all around.

In this case, it was on a fine Tuesday afternoon.

As she ascended the few steps leading up to the entrance, Alara's heart swelled with pride. Her museum, located in the heart of Brooklyn, had always been a haven for history enthusiasts and art connoisseurs. However, the recent instalment of 'Captain America's History' has elevated its popularity to unprecedented heights.

Whatever Smithsonian had, all of them would be duped in Alara's museum.

The anticipation had been building for a month, and today was the day the exhibit was finally unveiled.

Alara had worked tirelessly with her team to ensure that the display was nothing short of spectacular. The exhibit featured an extensive collection of artefacts, memorabilia, and interactive displays, chronicling the legendary journey of Captain America.

"Aydin! Guess what!?" Christina, her assistant came running in her heels towards Alara with an excited look– seeing the huge smile and the little jumps that were made by the assistant. Alara looked at her with amused eyes, "What?"

Christina leaned towards Alara's side. "A copy of Captain America's shield would be sent here." She whispered. Alara blinked a few times before turning towards Christina; Alara was clearly confused. I thought the shield was with Sam Wilson? Alara thought.

"I thought the shield was with Sam Wilson?" Alara muttered, "Steve Rogers gave that shield to him, from what they say."

Christina's shoulder slumped, pouting slightly. "I know but, I got a call from the Smithsonian representative that there will be a public announcement from Sam Wilson," Christina paused, "That he will be giving up the original shield to the museum."

Alara frowned, tilting her head slightly. There were so many questions in her head. But mostly, why?

Of course she believed Sam might have his own reasons.

Alara could only nod, trying to cover her very confused expression with a tight smile to cheer her assistant who seemed to be excited with the idea of the shield being in the museum; even if it is a copy.

Christina told Alara about the date and time of the movers coming to place the shield; "Alright!" Christina clapped her hands, "Don't forget the timing, okay?"