10, FAMILY

CHAPTER 10 — FAMILY

Bucky's heart was filled with content.

Though after first he thought he would feel out of place, but no.

In fact, it was totally the opposite.

He felt like this is where home is.

Because everyone in the house– even Giulia, calm Bucky's nervousness down.

It was obvious when Giulia had asked some basic questions about Bucky– and poor Bucky was stuttering that Alara had to hold his hand below the dining table.

It did calm him a little, but soon Bucky was already laughing at the stories of Alara being the neighbourhood hero– "Basically this stupid pickpocket tried to steal from me! The old woman I am! I am lucky that Wonder Woman lives beside me!" Giulia shakes her head, "If it weren't for Alara, I don't think I would still be here."

"But Nonna," Alara looked at her amused, "...You actually knocked him cold." Alara recalled. "When I came, the man lay unconscious. Turns out Nonna hit him with a pan and a wooden spatula."

"I meant," Giulia added, "As in I would be in the hospital- probably having a surgery or something. I hate surgeries." She looked towards the three of them.

Alara glanced towards Bucky– seeing he was smiling while hearing what the elderly had been talking about.

"So," Giulia looked towards the two adults, "When are the two of you getting married?"

Alara chokes on her spaghetti– that Bucky had to pat on her back, at the same time giving her a glass of water. "Hah! Funny, Nonna– Thanks, Buck."

She gulped down the water–at the same time seeing the elderly giggling with Lola. Those naughty ladies.

"I would love to marry Alara." Bucky's eyes move towards Alara with a small smile– at the same time putting down his utensils. "But Alara knows that I have some things.. To settle before having a life with her."

Somehow, Bucky's hand travelled towards her thigh, gripping it slightly– as if he was acknowledging her.

Alara's hand enveloped his– gripping onto his big hands, and it changed to them intertwining their fingers together.