05, DATE

CHAPTER 05 — DATE

CHAPTER 05 — DATE

"Look, this shield represents a lotta things for lotta people, including me."

That would be Bucky.

"The word is upside-down, and we need a new Cap, and it ain't gonna be Walker."

I agree with him.

"So before you destroy it, I'll take it from him myself."

Silence somehow started to fill out, which Alara took as a green light for her to go out of the washroom of Zemo's private plane. Wearing fresh new clothes and everything all-black, she was met with the three men just relaxing on their seats– with Sam answering his phone.

Alara could sense the tension in the air as she joined the three men in the private plane. She took a seat in front of Bucky, and her eyes briefly met Sam's before he continued with his phone call. The weight of the shield, both literally and symbolically, was palpable in the room.

Alara looked at Bucky, and she could see the conflict and determination in his eyes.

She knew he had a complex relationship with the shield, having once been its wielder as the Winter Soldier.

But now, Bucky saw the importance of finding a new Captain America who could uphold the true values the shield represented.

"You're right, though," Alara said softly, addressing Bucky directly. "The shield means a lot to a lot of people, and that includes me too."

Bucky's eyebrows furrowed slightly, curious about what she meant.

Alara was skilled at reading people, and she had a sense that Bucky understood the deeper implication of her words. She continued, trying to convey her belief in Sam's potential without explicitly stating it.

"It's not just about who the shield belonged to in the past, but who it should belong to in the future," Alara explained.

"The legacy of Captain America is about more than just strength and fighting skills. It's about leadership, compassion, and standing up for what's right. Steve knew that, and I believe Sam embodies those qualities too."

She was glad that she had done research and heard the stories from Christina during the blip.

Bucky nodded thoughtfully, seemingly contemplating her words. He had witnessed Sam's dedication and integrity firsthand, and he respected him as both a friend and a fellow warrior.

Alara's perspective reinforced his own belief that Sam was the right person to carry on the legacy of Captain America.

"Sam's got what it takes," Bucky finally replied, his voice tinged with conviction. "He's been through a lot, and he's never backed down from doing what's right. The shield belongs to him; but he decided to make a stupid decision." Bucky's eyes turned into a slight glare towards Sam, who was still on the phone.