20) traumatizing memory

"It's so hard to see him locked up like this" Elena said motioning to Stefan in the cellar. "You're the one who locked him up" Damon said.

"You helped" Elena said. "I couldn't have him running around chewing on people while the town was looking for vampires now could I" Damon asked.

"Yeah, or else I would have been an orphan" Violet said. "Who would raise me then Elena" Violet asked.

"It had nothing to do with your actually caring about him" Elena asked Damon. "Your thing not mine" Damon said and left with Violet.

>>>

"Did you ever figure out what that was" Elena asked motioning to the device Damon had.

"Nope whatever it is it doesn't work" Damon said. "Pearl didn't say anything else about it" Elena asked.

"She thought she was stealing his vampire compass, but it was a pocket watch that Johnathon Gilbert was a crazy scientist" Damon said.

"Have you spoken to your uncle lately" Damon asked Elena. "I've been avoiding him actually that and I've been here most nights" Elena said.

"So, you'll be here again tonight" Damon asked. "Is that a problem" Elena asked.

"No of course not Lena" Violet said. "Yes, you're a complete nuisance" Damon said. "See this is why you don't have any friends" Violet told Damon. "I'll see you later" Elena said and left.

>>>

Damon walked back in the living room after trying to get Stefan to eat. "Still won't eat" Violet asked reading her book.

"Nope" Damon said, and his phone rang. Damon quickly answered his phone putting it to his ear.

"Hello" Damon said. "Hey, it's Alaric Saltzman" Alaric said over the phone. "Before I hang up how did you get this number" Damon asked.

"Ah that's a mystery listen I've uh I've been doing some digging on Elena's uncle" Alaric said. "You interested" Alaric asked.

"What kind of digging" Damon asked. "I've got an old friend from Duke who studied criminology when we were there together let's just say he's become a very proficient digger" Alaric said.

"Did he find anything" Damon asked. "Well, I had him run a track on John's cell records he was getting a call from a number the same number that Elena dialed to get Isobel and then the number was disconnected" Alaric said.

"Isobel knows John whatever we knew that" Damon said.

"Right, well after that he started getting calls from a new number and I had my friend run a geo track got the address it's, it's in a, apartment in Grove Hill" Alaric said.

"Isobel's in Grove Hill" Damon asked causing Violet to look up from her book and look at Damon.

"I don't know I thought we could take a look and see what we find" Alaric said. "Perfect give me the address" Damon said.

"Oh, so you can go without me no I don't think so" Alaric said. "I'm not going with you, you tried to kill me nearly made my daughter an orphan" Damon said.

"Yeah, well you did kill me" Alaric said and Damon's phone helped. Damon looked and saw it was Elena.

"Hold on" Damon said and switched the call to Elena. "What" Damon said. "I'm just grabbing some clothes and then I'll be right over" Elena said. "How's Stefan" Elena asked.

"Extra broody hold on" Damon said and switched back over to Alaric.

"You drive pick me up in an hour" Damon said. "Violet go get ready you're coming with" Damon told Violet. "Yay road trip" Violet said and went to go get ready.