12) the descent

Damon and Violet walked over to Rose and Rose sensed their presence. "I was born in 1450 that makes me 560 years old" Rose said.

"Well if you were a bottle of wine" Damon said. "So, like you to be flirting with a sick person on their death bed" Violet said. "So, I can die I've lived long enough" Rose said.

"I can try to siphon it" Violet said. "No, it's okay I can't take that risk I'll be fine" Rose said. "Rose please" Violet said.

"No, it could kill you I'm not taking that chance" Rose said. "Okay" Violet said giving in.

"You know if you're going to be maudlin, I'm just going to kill you myself just to put me out of your misery" Damon said. "Don't act like you don't care you and I both know you do" Violet said.

"Come on its just a little werewolf bite" Damon said. "Just a little fatal to a vampire werewolf bite" Rose said. "If you'd let me help" Violet said.

"No okay no I can't be the reason Damon loses his daughter his pride and joy I made up my mind" Rose said and Violet sighed.

"Well according to legend which is a notoriously unreliable source drink up blood heals" Damon told Rose giving her a glass of blood. Rose took the glass and drowned it.

"Yeah, it does feel like it's working" Rose said. "Let's have a look cone on" Damon said and Rose turned around.

Damon moved her shirt as Violet and Damon looked at her wound seeing it was getting worse.

"How is it" Rose asked. "Definitely better" Damon said lying. "You could barely tell there was a bite" Violet said.

"Right Elena" Damon asked seeing Elena who saw Rose's bite. Rose turned to look at Elena.

"It's not bad" Elena said. "Where's Stefan" Damon asked. "He left I need you to talk to him he's convinced that he has to find Isobel, but I think that's going to upset Elijah" Elena said.

"No can do in with Stefan on this one" Damon said. "Don't ask me either I'm on team Salvatore and not just because it's my name" Violet said and Violet and Damon made their way to Elena.

"But if you and Violet could play nurse for a little while" Damon said. "It's not necessary" Rose said.

"It is necessary Elena's a do gooder it's in her nature she just can't resist along with Violet she's a lot like her uncle in that way" Damon told Rose and left with Violet and Elena following him.

"Damon" Elena said stopping Damon. "Is she gonna die" Elena asked.

"Probably the wolf bite caused some kind of infection it's getting worse" Damon said.

"And she won't let me help I could do it by force but I rather not I would rather siphon with consent" Violet said. "Like poison" Elena asked.

"I don't know Elena I'm not an expert on the field" Damon said. "I'm sorry" Elena told Damon.

"Death happens we come we go sooner she dies the better" Damon said. "And again, with the pretending not to care" Violet said and Damon left.

>>>

"I hate this I'm a vampire I haven't had a cold in five centuries" Rose said and laid down in Damon's bed. "Just get on bed" Elena said.

"We don't get sick when we die it's fast and sudden and it's certainly not drawn out with an illness" Rose said. Violet and Elena covered Rose up.

"You're not going to die" Elena said. "Such a human thing to say" Rose said.

"We won't let that happen Dad will find another way I promise and if you weren't so stubborn, I could have siphoned it from you but unfortunately I won't do anything without your consent so" Violet said.