Chapter 2

Shantel's P. O. V
"Shantel, guess what who's coming to stay the weekend?" Mom asked.

"Aunty Denise?" mom only had one friend and it's her sister so that's my best guess.

"Mikhail is coming too" I jumped up screaming. She's my favorite cousin but she's always away on business so it's been a year since I saw her.

"It was supposed to be a surprise but I couldn't keep it so act surprised when she gets here" , mom was so terrible at secrets.

"Mom I'm having someone over for a Biology project on Saturday"

"Sure honey"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashanti's P.O.V

Boy Friday come slow but tgif. I was walking to the gate in my own little world remembering Mommy promised to make me curry chicken and white rice today. I heard a calling but I didn't pay any attention. Then I felt someone touch my shoulder.
I turned around to be face to face with the school's heartthrob 'Zavaughn'.
"Hey" he said with his jaw dropping smile and perfect jawline.
"Hello" I said trying to be polite but what could be the cause of him talking to me we were in different grades I only know him caz he's popular .
"Can I walk you out the gate?" He asked politely just the same.

"I'm ok I prefer to walk alone"
Him have waah gf and mi nuh want my market open at school EVER. Especially over a boy.
"Oh. Okay, I'm Zavaughn by the way, what's your name?"
"Ashanti" I said but as soon as the word left my mouth the gyal come and throw har hand ova him shoulder and put kiss pon neck. Mi spin pon mi heel and a straight line full speed through the gate. Doubt she even get fi see mi face to how quick mi disappear. Mi nuh Cain and mi nuh Abel.

As mi step through the gate uncle Jimmy come outta him seat and let mi in.
"Which boy did a sing inna yuh ears yuh tek suh long fi come, affi guh tell Clive" I laughed.

"Bare things you gwan wid enuh"
It's Friday so the bus was festive. Old Dancehall was playing. Mi and uncle Jimmy chat out the journey as usual till mi reach home .

As mi reach a the grill mi smell the curry a gwan wid it self. One mommy enuh mn.

"Good evening to the international one Mommy don in the building" I said in my DJ voice.

"Oh what a party tonight, inna my belly bottom, when the curry touch the rice and the pepper start to rise, oh what a party tonight" I sang while doing the butterfly for Mommy.

"Yuh know if mi neva know yuh mi disown yuh" I laughed. I'd disown myself too.

I went into my room placed my bag on my desk, took my clothes off and it was straight to the bathroom. I washed my hair since I won't be here to do it tmr. And had a lovely bath. Came out in my shorts and camisole. And heated my dinner. I ate and went to my room. The food was bussing. The baddest.

I decided on a Disney cartoon to put me to bed tonight. I wanted one of those nice peaceful dreams tonight. I fell asleep halfway through Brave. I loved the fact that she was like me. Not like every other person before, different.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 9:53 and Shantel said she'll be on her way to pick me up by the latest 10. I woke up to messages and missed calls. I called her back and apologized and sent the live location to her. She was chill as usual and told me her cousin just got ready anyways.

I don't know why she arranged to have me picked up and dropped off but I wasn't complaining. I got up, made my bed and decided to get an egg sandwich. After that I had a shower and came out and placed my hair in a high puff with two little edges and took out a black ripped jeans, green top and green slippers and my black bag. Dash in mi two earring( yes I have double lobe piercing caz we bad), a gold necklace, bracelet and watch with a gold butterfly anklet. Splash on likkle bath and bodyworks and yk how that guh. Same time she text mi seh she outside suh mi hail mommy and tell har mi a cut now and she seh tek care. As I got to the gate I saw the X6 parked at my gate. Damn, this fat yuh fuck though.
I opened the door and got in.
"Good morning"
Shantel peeked around and smiled and answered and her cousin answered too.