12; bonfires and finished songs

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

Two weeks had passed since the incident at the store and Will and Taylor's movie night. The two had spent every moment of free time together, enjoying their newfound relationship.

Taylor was busy working her shift, talking and joking with Tommy as they did their jobs near the register. Will had not yet shown face in the shop, but Taylor knew he had a life and was late sometimes.

Suddenly, a woman in a polo button-up and trousers approached the counter, holding what looked to be a small box of chocolates and flowers.

"Is there a Taylor Finley here?" The blonde woman directed at Taylor and Tommy.

"That's me," Taylor replied, stepping toward the woman with a small smile and matching blush on her face.

"These are from the sender on the attached card, who requests you read the note first," the British woman explained. Taylor nodded and thanked the woman who left.

"What is it? Tommy asked, hopping over the counter to study the items.

Taylor gave him a side-eye. "I think it's very clearly, chocolates and flowers, Tom," she giggled.

"There's a note, eh?"

"Yeah, lemme read it." Taylor pulled off a note taped onto the small box of chocolates, setting the flowers down.

"What does it say?" Tommy spoke up, Taylor giving him another side eye, but directing her attention back to the note.

"I'm getting to that, Tom," she said in a jokingly annoyed tone. She mumbled as she read the note on cardstock paper.

"T- I wanted to get you a gift for no particular reason other than the fact that you've made this past week incredible. Meet me at southern shore tonight at six-thirty. You won't miss me.

x Will"

By the end of the note, Taylor was beaming from ear to ear, so happy with the man she'd chosen to date.

"How sweet!" Tommy exclaimed, already chowing down on a few of the truffles in the box. Taylor smacked the boy's hand as he was reaching for another one.

"Nah, those are mine, rat," Taylor crinkled her nose.

"Well, if I must say, I think I deserve them because I knew Will would ask you out, and I gave him a push and-" the boy continued ranting on how he felt responsible for their relationship. Taylor decided to tune him out and re-read the note multiple times- each word bringing her joy.

The rest of the day flew by, Taylor telling her co-workers about her gift and surprise event tonight. They were all happy for her and encouraged her to have fun at the beach.

Taylor packed her small tote, leaving the store at almost six, running to the tube. She arrived near the part of the beach that Will had directed her to go. The evening feeling was setting into that part of the city, providing the perfect feeling of comfort for Taylor. There were still quite a few people on the beach at that time. Taylor peered around, moving to different spots occasionally. She suddenly caught a glimpse of a massive bonfire and the silhouette of a man in a chair strumming a guitar next to another empty chair.

That had to be him!

She jogged up to the man and his fire, quickly confirming that it was indeed Wilbur. Will noticed her, getting up from his chair and hugging her.

"What's this!" Taylor asked the man, grinning as hard as she did upon receiving his gift earlier.

"Just thought I'd do something fun. Bonus points for effort, correct?" Will chuckled.

"Yes," she nodded, giggling. "I love it and the gifts earlier!"

Will sat back in his chair and patted the one next to him. "Join me?" Taylor did just that, getting comfortable in her beach chair, now eating some of the fruit Will had handed her.

"I was hoping... I could play the full version of a song you may recognize?" Will spoke up, settling the guitar in his lap again.

"Sure! I'd love that!"

Will nodded and began strumming his guitar softly. His deep voice sang out in a hushed tone, singing the same song he sang at one of the gigs Taylor had watched. The one about the bookstore girl... the one about her. Unlike at the gig, however, the song was now complete, Will having sung an entire song now rather than the snippet last time.

The man strummed the final chords, then stopped, becoming silent to the point where the only things audible were the distant voices and the crackling of the bonfire.

He rubbed the back of his neck, half smiling, waiting in anticipation for what Taylor would say. The girl sat there, processing what had just happened. Will had written an entire love song for her and performed it. He had played a small snippet at his gig, but this was different. He had put the effort in to finish it- the song all about Taylor.

"I-" Will started, trying to clear the air, but was cut off by Taylor pressing her lips against his. He gladly melted into the kiss, grateful she enjoyed it.

Taylor pulled away with a massive grin on her face. "I loved it! You truly are a master at your craft, Will. And you... you wrote that about me?" Taylor asked him in slight shock.

"I- yes. The words came to me before the gig you visited a while ago... but finally, I felt right completing the song, especially since I'm with the girl it's about. I hope it was ok," he blushed. Taylor scooted her chair closer to his.

"It was absolutely perfect," Taylor reassured through a smile and fake British accent. This time, Will pulled her into another kiss, and the two both reciprocated. The rest of their night was spent out by the fire, talking about everything and nothing, until Will finally guided Taylor back to her apartment, wishing her goodbye.

"Thank you, Will. I always have an amazing time with you," Taylor told him, halfway inside her door.

Will nodded, ready to turn and begin his walk back home.

"I love you."

Will's eyes widened as he turned around to face the girl, who now had a red face.

"I'm sorry if that was early I-"

Will shook his head vigorously, smiling. "No, T. It wasn't. I feel the same way. I know it's only been two weeks since we started dating, but I feel the same. I love you, too"

Will departed after one final kiss with the biggest grin on his face, Taylor's smile matching his as she entered her apartment again.

Will had found the perfect match. It may have only been two weeks, but he meant it when he said he loved her. He couldn't wait to see what their future held.

A/N: sorry if this chapter felt short or anti-climactic. I'm ending the story next chapter. I love it, but I feel like it's reached its time, and I'm trying to shift my focus on my new Sapnap book + a few other projects I'm working on. Thanks for understanding, but the next chapter is honestly where I envisioned it ending, so y'all aren't really losing anything.

Have a good day/night!