13; white roses

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

Only five months had passed since their beach date, but the couple had been going strong. Taylor and Will enjoy going out anywhere they can find—restaurants with a drawing atmosphere, cool beach spots, incredible gardens, and so much more. It was always enjoyable whether they were out and about or just watching a movie on the couch.

On a particular Saturday morning, Taylor received a text from her boyfriend, letting her know he would be playing a gig that night and inviting her to watch if she could. Will was never one to guilt or pressure her to come, but Taylor enjoyed it and wanted to be an audience member no matter what.

That evening, Taylor jogged to the grill placed over a pier on the ocean's shore where Will's show was to be held. Entering the doors of the grill, it was obviously old but very charming inside. The wood-paneled walls were lined with posters and framed photos. There was a band packing their things on the makeshift wooden stage near the back of the grill. Tables littered the main room. Waiters were rushing about, and the conversation was loud.

Taylor made her way to the side of the room closest to the stage, zigzagging through the maze of people. It was a busy night which would be suitable for Will: more people, more tips, more exposure.

She sat down and ordered some food. Taylor looked up from her phone when she heard the sounds of an amp and microphone turned on. Will was setting her equipment up, fixing his instrument setup. He stepped up to the microphone and did his usual glance around the audience. Wilbur was a natural at performing but always got nervous before his sets. Taylor- for the life of her- couldn't figure out why he was anxious when he was talented and usually had amazing crowd reception. Although, she respected him a lot because she knew she could never go up and play in front of a crowd.

The man introduced himself and waved- specifically looking in Taylor's direction.

He started his set, playing songs that knew well now and loved.

Multiple times during the show, Will changed some of his lyrics to fit Taylor. The girl didn't realize this at first but quickly caught onto the lyric changes and picked up the fact that they matched her description or dates the couple had.

After the show was over, Taylor made her way past the crowd, some of which were tipping Will. The couple hugged and shared a kiss.

"That was amazing as always!" Taylor exclaimed.

"Are you sure," Will said with an awkward smile. Taylor playfully rolled her eyes.

"I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true."

Will blushed and took her hand, slinging his guitar bag over his shoulder.

The two exited the building, hand in hand, descending the pier stairs and strolling onto the shore.

They were comfortably silent, listening to the sounds of people, the waves, and the birds surrounding them.

Will spoke up finally- Taylor craning her neck to look at him as they continued to walk slowly.

"I always enjoy being with you, T."

"Me too, Will," Taylor blushed.

From his other hand, Will pulled a single white rose out of the side of his bag. Taylor noticed what he was doing but didn't realize what he grabbed until he turned to the brunette, directing the rose at her.

"This is for you," he smiled.

Taylor's face turned into a complete shade of red. She put a hand to her chest in shock.

"A flower?"

"Seems like it," Will retorted in playful sarcasm. Taylor gently took the rose, putting it over her ear, intertwining it with strands of hair. "Looks incredible, T."

Taylor swiftly discontinued her stroll, pulling him in for a kiss. It wasn't long, but Will could tell it was full of emotion and love.

This was ideal. The two continued their walk down the shore, taking in the atmosphere. Taylor kept Will's rose for as long as it would last in a glass of water. From then on, whenever one rose would die, Will was quick to replace it for Taylor.

Taylor would always tell Will that meet-cutes were a cliche trope, something you'd find in one of the books the two would read together at the bookstore on Taylor's breaks. However, Taylor always believed that if written right, she'd make an exception for some.