1. First day

Tini's POV

It is my first day of school in Detroit. I moved here from Miami because my father got a job here. He is a very successful businessman which means we are quite rich. I'm generally quite shy, something bad had happened within our family, but i don't feel very comfortable sharing it with people. That is why i am shy. I wish i could change it, but i don't like to get to close to people because that has caused a lot of trouble in the past.
I'm starting a new college here in Detroit today. I hope all the kids are nice, even though i probably won't have many friends. I've never had the courage to make friends ever since IT happened a few years ago. But i would just like at least one friend. One best friend. Someone i can talk to, share secrets with, have sleepovers with. But i think i'm getting to ahead of myself there. I should see what the people are like first.

German (Tini's father): Tini, Tini sweetie wake up. It's your first day.

I peeped up from my blanket to see my dad standing by the door. You would think that an 18 year old girl could wake herself up but you were wrong. I'm very lazy. So, i heaved myself off the bed and stood in front of my wardrobe. What does a girl wear on her first day of college when it's cold? I pulled out a grey/white coloured sweater with some leggings. Then i put on some brown boots and a scarf. (Outfit in media). I skipped down the stairs and grabbed a piece of toast before kissing my dad on the cheek and leaving. I could walk to my college because it wasn't that far. My father didn't want me staying in any of the accommodations they offered because it was 'unsafe' for me. I have no idea why. I'll try to convince my father when i get home because i really want to stay on campus and get that full college experience. It was freezing outside, so i'm glad i put on a sweater. I walked along the straight road leading to my college, taking in the surroundings around me. Detroit seemed like a very cool place. I went to the mall a couple of days ago with my aunt Angie. The mall was wonderful and so big. I didn't realise how long i was thinking to myself until i bumped into a large pair of gates which i'm guessing belongs to the college i am about to attend. It has a pass entry, but wait, i don't have a pass yet. Oh shit. I left early so i wouldn't be late and now i can't get in! I guess i'll have to wait for a student to walk past.

-----10 MINS LATER----

Your joking my ass off right? It's been 10 minutes and not one person has walked past me. I'm gonna be late and then i'll get detention on my first day and then my father will get angry and then... My thoughts were interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a very pretty girl with black hair with a welcoming smile standing in front of me.

?: Hello, are you trying to get in?

Tini: Hi, yes, i'm sorry. I've been waiting here for 10 minutes and i thought i was gonna be late.

?: haha, don't worry, registration doesn't start till 9, you still got half an hour. (She said scanning her pass leading the gates to open) here you go.

Tini: thank you so much, um sorry i don't know your name. (I said awkwardly)

?: oh i'm sorry, i'm Lodovica Comello but everyone calls me Lodo, nice to meet youu??

Tini: i'm Martina Stossel but most people call me Tini. (i shook her hand and entered the school with her)

Lodo: hey, i've never seen you before, are you new here?

Tini: yeah, it's my first day actually.

Lodo: aaah, that explains why you didn't have a pass. Well don't worry, you'll get one in registration. So what form are you in?

Tini: umm (i glanced at my handbook) i'm in 7C.

Lodo: oh really!? Me too!

Tini: that's great! At least i can talk to someone!