CHAPTER 3: A BLESSING OR NOT?

A strong shake from the ground awakens everyone from a slumber sleep in the middle of the night. Shocked at what happened, they quickly ran outside of their homes and tried to see what happened. Rumors are now spreading that someone might have attacked them but there is no sign of any danger at all. The guards of the town are quicked to tell them to proceed to the town center to ensure the safety of everyone. They will wait for the Queen's words before they will finally calm down. Knowing that the Queen is very serious regarding the safety of her people, she might have an idea of what just happened. She must be taking action now. She probably is getting ready to fight for her people. She protects. She is the Queen.

"Will the Queen be here any minute?" asked one of the Vati.

"There is no order yet coming from the Queen. They might still be figuring out what happened. For now, let us all stay here in the center. Be ready. Your powers must be in condition so in case that there will be an attack, we can protect the town. Don't forget to prioritize the young ones." The guard made sure not a single Vati was left inside their home. All are on their defense waiting for the attack. Even if they only possess a single power, they know that with each one's different magic, they can ensure safety for everyone as long as they fight together. They must fight as one like how they were trained to be.

"I might have been late." Everyone looked back to where the voice was coming from. It is the Queen. A sigh of relief was heard from the people as they saw their Queen approaching the center. She is wearing her royal dress. It was tailored by their chosen people. A long emerald dress screams power as she walks by the people. All of them looked at her with so much admiration. Her daughter might be the most beautiful Vati in the town but she was also an exception. She was breathtaking to watch. She seems so calm even in this situation. Maybe it is because of her long experience, she already knows how to handle things like this.

"You don't need to worry. The town is safe. There are no intruders who get to cross our land. They cannot reach our town without passing the town of Shunn and we all know it is very unlikely for someone to survive if they ever did cross there. No need to worry about your safety. Devo made sure to strengthen the shield and with the help of healers, Unknowns that will try to cross this town will be punished. All Vati are safe to cross borders if needed but those Unknown will be punished. I hope this made you all feel at ease. I only want to keep everyone safe. None of my people should be harmed. Not a single person."

With the Queen's words, people calmed down. She assured them of safety. Nothing will happen to them as long as they are under her care. She shows how a Queen should be. She ensures the safety of the town and her people.

"My Queen, I am not here to be rude but may I ask where is the future Queen? Is she safe?" Everyone started to talk about Merida and agreed to the question of the man. "I didn't mean to insult anyone but shouldn't we also prioritize her safety? She will be our future leader. We would love to see her around whenever things like this would happen. At least we know that she is safe, not just us."

The Queen stopped for a while as she was walking back on her way to the palace. She turned to the man and smiled sweetly. "Of course, my daughter is safe. I care for my daughter as much as you care for her. She is safe. VERY SAFE."

That did not raise any suspicions from the people and so they decided to leave the center and went back to their own houses. Even if they are still not sure what happened because the Queen did not tell them what happened, they just did what they needed to. Vati doesn't disobey rules. Vati follows. Vati lives in peace and harmony.

"Now, now, how did it go?"

She gracefully sat on her throne and stared at him. "The people are now calm. No more panic. They did not also ask for further information and I know I will not say it. Let's keep it that way. At least they know that they are safe and no one will harm them. I hope so."