EPILOGUE

Five years after the war...

children are laughing

sweet harmony scatters around the town

This town screams life, very different from what it was five years ago. This town scares people whenever they pass by because of its history. This town used to be feared by everyone due to its ambiance, the smell, the aura, and the feeling of being watched by the dead. This town witnessed the bloody war between Nirvati and Trigon. It was called a cold war but it was bloody and hot because of the raging fire Trigon had caused all over the place. This town was destroyed, people were killed, magics were gone and lives were nowhere to be found. Everyone thought Shunn would never rise again. They thought Nurthra already forgot the town that brings harmony and music to the life of every town. Shunn was blessed to have the power that is inclined with music and arts. Everything they had here was perfect and made out of passion, something that the other towns have adopted over time, but when that tragedy happened, it was all gone. Everything they built turned into ashes.

This town is now filled with joy. Melodies from different instruments could be heard all over the town. Young ones were happily singing a familiar song, the one they used to sing before. Everyone brings their instruments to them with tender love and care. They carry it with pride as it represents who they are and the power bestowed upon them.

Merida smiled at the sight of the town. This is the Shunn that her professor told her before. It is lively, free, and full of music. She never thought she would be able to witness the beauty of this town. All she had was the paintings shown by her professor, his stories about his experience staying in this town while learning about music, and the testimonies he got from his elders. She is beyond happy and grateful to the creator for giving a second chance to this town. They deserve it after all.

She was also happy that people no longer feared this town. They no longer passed the border of their town with the fear of getting killed or poisoned as they passed the town of Shunn. They walk confidently and greet people they passed by.

"Merida!"

"Freya!"

"I didn't know you already have three kids. You forgot to tell me about that last time you visited us."

Freya laughed at the tone of Merida. She seems so upset with the fact that Freya forgot to tell her about her kids. They are adorable so it is understandable why Merida was kinda upset. She loves kids and Freya's kids are irresistible.

"You look like a kid about to throw some tantrums."

Freya cannot help but be amazed at how Merida grew over the past year. She has blossomed into a lady who is confident in herself. She's far different from her old self. She has come a long way before she's finally free from all the burden and pressure she needs to endure.

When she was still working as Luana's right hand, she felt bad for Merida. She knew how the kid suffered. The things she needs to endure and let go of to please her Mother. It feels like her heart was being stabbed a million times every time she hears Merida cry because she doesn't feel like she did her best to make her Mother happy. She is too precious but Luana failed to see it because she was busy trying to make her daughter perfect in front of everyone else. She felt bad but she couldn't do anything during that time. All she could do was cover Merida whenever she escaped the palace.

"How's she?"

Her daughter quickly ran towards Merida demanding to carry her. Such a boss. "How is your sister? What about your Mother?"

"They're doing fine. My sister is growing fast and my mother, gladly, was not being strict towards her. Maybe she learned from all of it."

"That's good news." Freya scans the whole town. "I am finally home, Merida. After how many years of being lost and the feeling of being alone, I can now call my town my own home."

She felt Merida's presence at her side. "I'm happy for you. You deserve it. The past does not define who you are. You may have done wrong things back then, but you redeemed yourself by changing and doing what is right. That's what matters the most. To grow and learn from our mistakes."

"No wonder Nurthra chose you to be her eye. You have what it takes to be her. It has reasons, Merida, it's just that you were busy looking for the reason that you failed to see it when it was already right in front of you. The answers were already in front of you."

"I guess that is what makes me who I am. I have flaws just like all of you. I might have multiple powers but that does not guarantee I am perfect at all. I still have a long time to learn. It will be a long journey but I know it will be worthwhile."

Five years ago, my mother thought I was bound to lead Nirvati. She thought that Vati is my people but the truth is, I was destined for everyone. At first, I was confused as to why. Why I was chosen to be the one connected to Nurthra. My powers do not guarantee me to be the perfect fit for Nurthra but that night, when she let me see my future, I knew why I was born in Nirvati. She could just take over my body and live with it but she let me have my own identity to teach everyone, especially the leaders what would possibly happen if you let power control you.

Five years ago, I thought that escaping from all the responsibilities given to me was the best thing to do. To run away from everything. Who would have thought that I would come to terms where I would finally accept my fate to become the future Queen of Nirvati then, Nurthra showed me I have a bigger role to play in the towns she created. I am not destined to wear the crown but I was destined to be the light of everyone. I must bring peace to every town. I will serve as the bridge for every town. Regardless if you are a person of Nirvati, Trigon, Shunn, or other neighboring towns, expect me to extend my hand in helping in any way I can.

Five years ago, Tarik told me I am not weak. I am just being me. It is part of who I am. I am flawed. I am not perfect just like how my mother wanted me to be. Nurthra chose me to be connected with her because I have something in me she believes fits what she is looking for.

I am Merida of Nirvati.