Chapter One- The Darkness

It was dark, cold, and rainy. She was panting, and she had a knife in her bloody hands. The trees in her garden were covered in the blood of those who tried to kill her. There were around ten men on the ground who were either dead or fatally wounded. She was wounded all over her body as well. There was a stab on her shoulder, it wasn't fatal but definitely painful. She heard a bunch of footsteps approaching her faster and faster. She held her knife firmly as if she was ready to kill whoever was approaching her, but to her surprise, she heard a voice. It was a familiar voice. It was the voice that always comforted her. It was a voice from the person where she felt absolutely safe in the whole world. And the voice said this: "Are you okay? Your Majesty?"

That's it! That familiar and secure voice made her go weak. It felt like all the strength she had mustered a few seconds ago had vanished. She immediately collapsed into those arms, crying profusely. That person was none other than her Chief Security Officer, AKA her childhood best friend AKA her crush. She started cursing everything that was happening to her.

It all started 8 months ago. That was when she became the queen of her country, VOTARA.

(You can imagine the garden in the above given picture where the fight has happened)