45

Yuan Qiao didn't have the nerve to be lazy, and finally let Wei Nanci take him to the city defense.

Wei Nanci came here today on horseback. He was afraid of Yuan Qingleng, so he didn't rush the horse along the way. The two of them rode slowly and leisurely through the small half of the capital, to the gate of the south of the capital.

"Is it cold?" Wei Nanci helped Yuan Qiao get off the horse, and put his hand on the back of his hand.

"It's okay." Yuan Qiao withdrew her hand and looked around subconsciously.

The soldiers guarding the city saluted Wei Nan farewell, and took the reins from his hand.

"The original envoy of the Armament Department came to perform official duties, I would take him to the tower to have a look." Wei Nan resigned.

"Deputy Commander Wei, please come from the original commander." The soldier made a gesture to lead the way for the two of them, but was sent away by Wei Nanci.

"Why didn't your boy follow today?" Wei Nanci asked Yuan quietly.

"There's nothing wrong with the yamen, so I'll let him stay in the mansion."

In fact, Yuan Qiao was afraid that she would arouse Jin Dingzi's suspicion if she frequently interacted with Wei Nan. Although the other party is quite loyal and won't yell about their affairs everywhere, Yuan Qiao still has a guilty conscience and wants to avoid it.

"Slow down." Wei Nanci grasped his wrist with one hand, and helped him to walk up the steps of the tower, "The steps are quite steep, and Erlang fell from the top in a nap before, breaking several ribs. "

"You are in charge of patrolling the city in the patrol battalion, and Commander Yao is in charge of city defense?" Yuan Qiao asked him.

"Well, the main duties of the patrol battalion guards are city defense and law and order." Wei Nan resigned: "However, Commander Yao's duties are heavier and more boring. Unlike me, he is responsible for wandering around the city every day, eating, drinking and so on."

Yuan Qiao didn't expect Wei Nanci to be quite modest. But he knew that the other party's duty was by no means as easy as wandering around, not to mention anything else, just Yuan Qiao bumped into Wei Nanci several times in the city to arrest people.

The maintenance of law and order in the capital is not too important. After all, there is Dali Temple to solve crimes and catch thieves.

But in order to suppress this situation, there must be full deterrence and action.

In other words, Wei Nanci's duty is more like a sacred beast that guards the mountain, even if he stays there without doing anything, he can make people dare not do anything wrong. If his position was changed to a soft persimmon, the capital might be in chaos.

"What is the main purpose of city defense?" Yuan Qiao asked.

"Guarding the city gates and checking people entering and leaving the city every day, this is the first line of defense in the capital. If something goes wrong with the city defense, I will be in trouble." Wei Nanci explained to him: "I am the first line of defense in the capital." The second line of defense, your second brother is the last one. Generally speaking, if he is used to make a move, then things will be tricky. So the most foolish one is actually your second brother."

After Wei Nan Cila stepped on Yuan Junke, he was amused.

Yuan Jing looked helpless, thinking that this person is really childish!

"What are you doing?" Yuan Qiao went to the top of the city tower and looked down, and found that many people gathered at the gate of the city.

"Now that the new year has just passed, many people have rushed back to the capital from outside. The more people there are at this time, the more careful they must be. Therefore, the people in the city defense must check the directions of the people entering the city one by one to ensure that there are no unknown people among them."