Eight

"How long have you been sending letters?" His voice sounded scared to ask this. Almost like a call you should have answered when you were a kid. Though I know he never had a good childhood,
"II sent letters since he was born. I let you know his gender weight. I even kept copies of the letters I sent in my room. I gave them to Alex to send to you!" I was panicking.

Breathe, breathe. I'm sure Simon's safe." She rubbed my back, trying to calm me down as I began hyperventilating. The thought of my baby boy being dead makes me cry. He cried just imagining the sick person who would even think of hurting him.
"II'm going to kill whoever has my letters." I quieted down as I looked up at him. Everything got replaced by rage. Why would you try to keep us apart? Why would you sit there, and why are his hands sliding up my ass?

My mask wasn't on, but his was. My eyes zeroed in on where his lips would be, and I slid my hands to the hem of his mask. Watching as he flinches every time I pick him up at all. Finally, I began to pull it up more as I could feel him tense up, not knowing if we were safe or not.
As I get it up to his nose, I stare at his lips; the scars on them make them look rougher than they were. Leaning in slowly, I kiss him softly, the feeling of his lips against mine sending shivers down my body.

"Ghost...." I whisper as I pull away, looking at him, "I'm so sorry."

The ghost's eyes traveled my body up and down before he shook his head, moving the mask back down. "Don't apologize," he grunts, already frustrated, before the sound of dogs fills our ears.

"Shit," he scooted me off of him gently and put the fire out with his wet shirt, Suffocating it. The sound of the dogs getting closer and closer as we huddled against the wall. I knew only the keenest of eyes could see inside, but we don't know how well they can see or if they'll just blow the damn water up.

After a few minutes, they were just above us, leading us to be dead silent and coating us and our clothes in mud made from dirt and sand.
"HHow the fuck...they didn't jump, did they?" A guy questioned a flashlight pointing down at the water below.
"They would die."

My face went pale as I watched the flashlight curve softly into the cave before peeling away.
It was dead quiet. The sound of my breathing interrupts my silent mind as suddenness snakes around my body, covering my mouth. I looked at the ghost, confused, until I saw his eyes. He was just as scared as I was. Suddenly, I watched as a grenade dropped into the cave. My breath hitched as it slowly rolled deeper towards us, going slower and slower before it rolled back out. Blowing up the second it hit the water.

This caused both of us to fall to the ground, with my ears ringing and my breath becoming more and more shallow. Suddenly, everything went black.

---------///---////-----:::/------////-///:/---

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING, BEEN BUSY WITH SCHOOL! Toodlesss