Nine

When I woke up, I was still in the cave, my head pounding as I couldn't hear the waterfall. Reaching up to my ears in a panic, I felt the thick block of dried blood and immediately scratched at it, pulling it out as soon as I could. The pop made my ears ring before I heard the waterfall again. And I sighed in relief.

" Ghost?" I whispered as I slid onto my knees in a crouching position, still unable to see anything. So I began to feel My hands patted around the room softly until I felt a warm puddle. My heart immediately dropped as the tips of my fingers touched it. Sliding my hand into it, I realized it was a small puddle, nothing major, and wondered if he just couldn't hear either.

Reaching over to his body, I felt the dried blood in his mask and shook my head as I pulled it off his body. Feeling his face and head still intact, I pulled his blood plugs out, and as soon as I did, he shot up. His hands wrapped around my neck as he slammed me to the ground next to him.
The look of regret immediately filled his face as My hands grabbed his wrists. "Sorry," he groaned, looking away from me as his grip loosened slowly before leaving my body completely.

"Don't apologize." I'm getting into my gear, not even giving a second thought to his actions.
When I looked over at him, he was just staring at me in awe. "Why do you forgive me?" He spoke up after what seemed like forever as I strapped my gun around me and slid my mask on.

"Get dressed; I can hear the chopper." I don't answer him as I turn on my watch to nighttime. We had slept an entire day until nighttime again. We really needed to stop wasting time. At least we didn't leave the cave for food or something. After a while, I could hear him getting dressed, his gaze never leaving my body as I sat crouched over the edge of the cave.
"Can you answer me?" He sighed, and I stood up, looking back at him.

But then there was a bright light facing the cave, and when I looked out, backing up towards the ghost, A ladder slapped inside.
" GET IN LAS I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT BEING STUCK OUT HERE WILL DO YOU JUSTICE!" Soap yelled, and If he could see the smile on my face right now, gosh!

I immediately rush my way into the helicopter, sitting in my seat and watching as the ghost follows shortly after, his face covered again but his eyes staying away from mine. We pulled the ladder back inside as the thought of food made my stomach grumble.

"SO WHAT HAPPENED?" Soap yelled, and I shook my head.

"HOW ABOUT DINNER VODKA AND STORY TIME?" I joke, and he winks at me.

Hopping out of the helicopter, I immediately ran inside, ripping my helmet off my body. Dropping. It fell to the floor as I ran to Price's office. Slamming the door open, I looked in to see him sitting there alone like usual.
" Formalities?" He raised an eyebrow, and I scoffed.

Where are his letters?"

My words rang through his body as his eyes widened and he went silent. "He isn't getting them," he sighed, and I scoffed again. "It's for me"
His eyes scanned mine for a second before he dug into a drawer and pulled out a large wad of letters—at least a hundred. "You sick piece of sh*t!" I yelled at him as I grabbed it and left. Knowing I'll face consequences later. Entering my room, I dropped everything to the ground, hopping into the shower immediately.

My skin was burning at the feeling of the soap. It was refreshing, but my pores were so clogged that it felt like middle school skin again.

Changing into black cargo pants and a black wife beater, I grabbed the letters and stormed over to the ghost's room, banging on them immediately.
"GHOST!" I yelled, and I could hear him scuffling around for a second before opening the door softly. A towel wrapped around his waist so low that I could see his V line. My face went red immediately as a smile grew on my face.

Before I could do anything, though, I slammed the letters into his chest and walked away, watching as he grabbed them. His eyes were widening.

Lass Din-..." soap paused, seeing me already walking around, my hair dragging behind me.

" dinner?"

"Yes, dinner!"

"That sounds amazing."