Chapter 7

Alana sat in her office, engrossed in her work, when the door swung open, and she looked up to see Louis standing there with a lunch bag in hand. A warm smile spread across her face as she welcomed him inside.

"Hey, Louis. You brought me lunch?" she said, feeling a mixture of surprise and gratitude.

"Yeah, I thought we could have lunch together," Louis replied, setting the bag on her desk. "It's been a while since we had a chance to catch up."

As they sat down and enjoyed their meal, they exchanged stories about their lives, sharing laughter and reminiscing about old memories.

As Louis and Alana sat together in her office, the lunch they were sharing became a perfect excuse to spend some quality time catching up. Their laughter filled the room, and Alana found herself feeling at ease, reminiscing about the good times they had shared.

"You know, it feels like it's been ages since we sat down like this," Louis said, a nostalgic smile on his face.

Alana nodded, a wistful look in her eyes. "Yeah, life has been so busy lately. But I miss moments like this, just talking and laughing with you."

Louis leaned closer, his eyes locking with hers. "I miss it too," he admitted, his voice softening. "We used to have such great times together."

Her heart skipped a beat at the proximity, but she tried to keep the conversation light. "Remember that time we got stuck in the rain without an umbrella? We ended up running through the streets like a couple of kids," she chuckled.

Louis laughed, the memory bringing a warmth to his eyes. "That was a crazy day. But it was also so much fun," he replied, the nostalgia evident in his voice.

As they continued to talk, Alana couldn't help but notice how comfortable and familiar Louis felt. Despite the challenges they had faced, there was still a deep connection between them, and she found herself drawn to his presence.

Louis seemed to sense the shift in the air as well, and his gaze became more tender. "You know, Alana, I've been thinking a lot lately," he began, his voice gentle. "About us, about the past, and about the future."

Alana's heart raced, her curiosity piqued. "What have you been thinking?" she asked, trying to keep her voice steady.

"I've realized that we've been through so much together," Louis said, his eyes never leaving hers. "And I can't help but wonder if there's still something between us."

She swallowed hard, unsure of how to respond. "Louis, we have a history," she said, her emotions bubbling beneath the surface. "But I don't want to rush into anything without considering everything."

Louis reached out and gently took her hand in his. "I understand, Alana. I don't want to rush either," he said, his touch sending a shiver down her spine. "But you can't deny that there's something here, "

Her heart pounded, torn between the memories of the past and the uncertainty of the future. "I need time, Louis. Time to figure things out." she said, her voice trembling with vulnerability.

He nodded, his gaze unwavering. "Take all the time you need, Alana. I'll be here, waiting," he replied softly.

As they sat in silence for a moment, Alana felt a mix of emotions swirling within her. With a deep breath, she smiled at Louis, feeling grateful for his understanding. "Thank you, Louis." she said, her heart filled with both gratitude and hope.

He smiled back, his eyes warm. "Always, Alana. I'll always be here for you," he replied, his sincerity touching her deeply. as she noticed Louis leaning closer, and she leaned in as well, their lips almost touching when there was a knock on the door.